Koi Pic

Reaction score
Got some new koi for the pond last week, wife found an add for 4 free koi. We hadn't seen then, just knew they were in a fish tank and they were taking the tank down. We asked how big they were and got "large". I said, how large can a koi be in a fish tank.

Unfortionatly, I didn't think of taking pictures before putting them into the pond, but here is one. This is the 3rd largest. She spawned withing days of getting into her new home.

One is a silver suhsui. One white and black. Both are 10-14". The third is a white and black butterfly probably 8". I did notice the largest one the white and black seems to have taken over the pond. All the other koi follow.

I'm hoping to get good pics of all our koi, it's just a chore. They seem to know when the net comes out and they are darn good at hiding.

OrangeKoi.jpg

OrangeKoi2.jpg

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
The color is pleasing.......I,m sure they like the new big water

BBK

Reaction score
I love those colors! I caught a koi last year while fishing that had markings like that. Only wherever orange is on that one, this one had yellow. It was 21" long when I caught it. I had no room for a koi that big so I had to let it go. I have always wondered how much that koi was worth.

Ask a Question