Leaking pond...PLEASE HELP! Newbie!

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

Ok...we have progress...it is definatey the waterfall which is at cause for the loss.
I bypassed it and the water stopped dropping.

Upon close inspection their seems to be small gaps within the water fall where the water is likely escaping.
These gaps will be from when we got it cleaned.
The water fall rocks were covered in green slimey stuff...which was likely due to our dirty pond water (which is now clean).

So...I likely need to re-point some of these gaps...is their a special type of 'mortar' for use in water falls.

Standing by for help.
Remember...i am in the UK so no point in recommending products from different countries.

Thanks everyone...great support so far.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 351
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 350
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 357
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
There is a sealant on the UK market called gold label pond and aquarium sealant it comes in black or see through its main selling point is that it acctaully can set under water

http://www.thepondoutlet.com/home/tpo/multilist_542/hutton_aquatic_products.html

Give thos website a visit they stock it then check where the leak is on the waterfall and seal it jods a good un as we northerers say lol

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey this northener has gone soft my friend, the last time I went north from devon to visit my Mum and Stepdad I near froze to death lol I really hope this helps you flufgold.
However this is what has sealed the bottom drain to our 1,000 gallon pond with no leaks I might add

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Ok...the sealant looks good and has great review...

struggling with which primer to use now.
Need one that is fish friendly obviously.

Any ideas?
Suppliers?
Stockists?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Anytime I clean my liner to fix something I just rub it with acetone to clean it, scuff it up a little with some fine sand paper.

Reaction score
thats great thanks Addy but its not the liner that is the issue now...it's the waterfall pointing.

I need a suitable primer for the stone waterfall before I seal the gaps with some of the sealent just mentioned.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aww got it, I just clean mine good a rough sponge, some water, good to go. I use a lot of pl roofing sealant, as long as the stone is not wet it sticks well and works great.

I think you said they had some algae on them, let them sun dry, the algae will wipe right off, or spray with some hydrogen peroxide that also cleans off the algae. (no fish harm)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
that grate thing over your pond is really quite brilliant. Looks like you can see the fish well through it also?
Did you know that not only will that take the weight of a child but it can support a fully grown adult as well

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
if i were and had this problem. i would turn of all the pump and move all the plants from the pond and then check the leakage. when there is leak in pond the water will bubble. and if not in the pond then u move on to the waterfall to see how is the system running and from there you will find the problem

Ask a Question