sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
of course easy all your guy has to do is raise the sides all around except one or 2 small spots to put in the pipe and just put the grates over the pipes at both ends and put rocks over it to keep it weighed down .Surprised he did not do that and raise the sides so they were at least 6 inches above the surrounding soil .I do have to clean it once in a great while but not often and just takes a toilet bowl brush rubbed over it .I know some use different methods but this one worked for me .Some just make a low spot in the corner of there pond but in a really heavy rain you may end up with fish washing out that way .I like the yard drain idea it is cheap and easy to do .I should have taken a pic before I put my waterfall back together and tried to get a pic with my camera but even with the flash it was just to far back to see .All you see is a black hole under the water fall

It is under this one almost 15 inches back .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
OMGosh! I want one! That is so cool, It would go so well with my house and ponds! Any chance he could make one that could be shipped. I love it!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good gosh with all the building your doing fishin you should be able to do that because the step by step pics make it look easy like lincoln logs for adults .I still have my set you want it fishin ,they are over 40 years old but still in there original canisters .Still fun to play with too must be senility setting in . :razz:

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
Had to go somewhere tonight but as soon as I got home I checked my pond and all 8 of my little guys were alive and even ate. The water is still very murky. I hope my filter will get rid of it. My little butt wigglers as Sissy calls them are still wigglin :))) Thank you Brandonsdad and Fishin4cars. The problem my husband has is time. He had taken two days off with the weekend and put in my filter and built the cabin. When he works all week, he is so wore out by the weekend that his energy is spent up (he is a diabetic).
When we were dating around 36 years ago :))) he bought his first Shopsmith and started taking an interest in woodworking. He has aquired alot of tools and machines over the years. He has slowed down alot but I am trying to encourage him to get out there more because it is good therapy.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
now what it is like to be diabetic as my mom was and i am borderline and control it with diet and luckly that is working and has been for over 10 years now .No meds so far .But true it can beat you down if you do not watch your sugar levels and watch every thing you eat .At least he knows his limitations and i sometimes ,well a lot of the times forget .I used construction adhesive and brad nails and my compressor to build my stuff .

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
I am going to be a grandma again today. Little boy Paxton should be here sometime today. He will be my little Smokey. Mountain baby. Sissy, my husband doesn't watch his sugar very well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
congrats on being a grandma and your hubby should watch his sugar better if he doesn't he will pay for it later in life .How many grandchildren do you have ,you look young to be a grandma ..I joined a couple of online diabetic sights that give you insight on control and living with diabetes for life .I have 2 grandaughters one is 10 and the other a year old .I did not know about the 10 year old because my son did not know the girl was married and she had an affair with my son and turns out she thought it was her husbands until he demanded a dna test last year after he left her again for his girlfriend .My son got back together with her and they had a baby girl last July .Your husband may want to rethink about taking control and living a long life .My brother was diabetic and it took a stroke at 50 and then he passed away 2 years ago at the age of 58 sort of hits home then .

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
Now that I'm not teaching I am going to find diabetic receipes I can make. I have 3 sons ages 31, 28, 25. After today all the boys will have sons. My oldest sons wife is pregnant with their second child and I am hoping for a granddaughter cause right now my Chi Tia is my only female baby I have. My grandson's are ages 6, 3, and 1 day old as soon as he gets here. I have been married 33 yrs. 51 years old.

Ask a Question