Looking for adhesive to make a liner patch

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
that is a small tube. Is it going to be enough ?

koiguy 100% silicone in the hardware section is exactly the same thing as the 'aquarium' version and much cheaper.

I used to build aquariums with it.

Reaction score
RE: pond liner kits I have several holes to fix. Some tiny, some large. Those patch kits get pricey and I'm trying to do this with the least amt of $$. I found a great deal on that new liner for $10 to use as patches. The plan is to get this pond to full capacity and survive the winter until we can afford to replace the liner.

Reaction score
Howard, I went and ordered the 3M 5200. My husband agreed that the marine grade was the way to go. We had some credit on Amazon too. Bonus.

Reaction score
re: Bulldog contact cement. . That was actually my original thought. Someone told me that it wouldn't work. Huh Thanks, koiguy

Reaction score
I'm not certain of what the liner is made of. I'm going to guess that the previous owner bought a liner from one of the big box stores. Probably not Epdm. The liner I'm will be using for patches is 20mil.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
20 mil is pvc most likely.. but it is made from polyethelene also.
HTH ....i know clear silicone and aquarium silicone are the same thing,... and any 100% silicone would suffice.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
HTH ....i know clear silicone and aquarium silicone are the same thing,... and any 100% silicone would suffice.
Which is why I mentioned it when you did not. Do not want people wasting money on overpriced 'aquarium' stuff.
I know it is a bit annoying to have people follow up on what seemed to be a perfectly reasonable and complete post.
Sorry if it felt that way..

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
There actually is rdy made paches with adhesive backs made of same material as 45 EDPM liner. This is the best to use if done properly. I'm sure it can be bought online. The retailers sell it off rolls. I might be able to find some if needed.

2nd up is yes a good outdoor silicone sealent.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I am thiinking pre made patches are just more EPDM with an adhesive. Cheaper to make what you need in the size you need. Do not see why paying for premade is better ?

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
HTH said:
I am thiinking pre made patches are just more EPDM with an adhesive. Cheaper to make what you need in the size you need. Do not see why paying for premade is better ?
That is how the factory joins the liner. Why not use same patching material the same way for lifetime seal?

Ask a Question