Looking for affordable Garra Pingi Pingi

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get mail order Garra Pingi Pingi. I see an outfit online in Arizona that sells them for $10 but tacks on a $20 shipping charge. I'm in SoCal. Anybody got a suggestion?

Reaction score
Plecos arent really cold tolerant they should be wintered inside
i was just asking cause they look very similar...you might want to look into Hi Fin Bannded Loaches

hi_fin_doll_loach.jpg

Reaction score
ai think they are actually a sucker from china. I have herd of the garra and would love to find a few myself. The banded shark is an endangered fish so check it out before you buy. I would like some stickel backs as well they act as cleaner fish for you Koi.

Reaction score
pondlady said:
ai think they are actually a sucker from china. I have herd of the garra and would love to find a few myself. The banded shark is an endangered fish so check it out before you buy. I would like some stickel backs as well they act as cleaner fish for you Koi.

i didnt know that...why are they so cheap then...i just got 2 babies...like 3 to 4 inches

really...hmmm...ill try to find some online

Reaction score
our local pet store had to quit selling them, they said because they are endangered some kind of controversy going on.??? They have sold them in past years. You are lucky to have got them. How much did you pay for them? they were $45 here when they were selling them. Cant get anymore around here in central Utah.

Reaction score
razornick said:
Don't have them yet. I ordered three online from www.azgardens.com for about $10 each on Friday. That does not include $20 shipping. Expensive! Hoping they arrive this week.

yea for their size...only 5 inches...thats pretty small for a pond algae eater...but they are :bowdown:"very rare"

Reaction score
pondlady said:
our local pet store had to quit selling them, they said because they are endangered some kind of controversy going on.??? They have sold them in past years. You are lucky to have got them. How much did you pay for them? they were $45 here when they were selling them. Cant get anymore around here in central Utah.
i havent heard about the controversy
i paid under $15 for them...i got a discount...they are being sold for 15$ this is a drop in price too...they were about $25 before...perfect size for my pond...both are about 4 inches
how big were the ones for sale at your store

Reaction score
On the internet with plastic in hand, I was implulsive and didn't bother to call to find out size. I got a notification that they shipped yesterday so will be looking for them tomorrow. From the pictures at the site, I'm expecting juveniles, though.

I ordered three with the hope that I might eventually get a breeding pair. I had high hopes for my American Flagfish, which multiplied like the dickens over summer (and ate hair algae voraciously) but did not survive the mild SoCal winter.

Reaction score
Garra pingi pingis arrived yesterday in good shape. Two were about 2.5" and a larger one was about 3". Total shipping was less than expected so total investment for the three fish was $34. As soon as they were introduced to my pond, they shot like lightning underneath the nearest rock. Hoping to see them again soon.

Ask a Question