maybe swim bladder?

Reaction score
sorry for the delay.
since the pics were posted i have tried!!

to start i tried something called "sabbactisun" which over 4-5 days had no results. then 7 days and same.

went out and bought some tetra "medifin" and put in pond, both were labeled as dealing with both fungal
and bacterial infections.

left for a few days and things were still no better

same time i bought medifin i also bought permanganate, tried med first but wish i hadnt.

went to take out of pond 30 mins ago to swab and bath in perm, it was too late, she had passed

seems i did everything wrong.

i have learnt this though, i know what will/wont work and how to deal with it quickly and effectivly
if i ever come across this again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sometimes we have to learn the hard way, Fantaildaz. I'm so sorry you lost your fish. But, knowledge is a great thing, and learning from this will help in the future, if you ever have the problem again. I know I learned things because of your problem, so consider myself lucky to have learned the lesson, without any loss.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry to hear fantail and hope you don't have to deal w/ it again but if you do you know more now.

Ask a Question