Michaels dry lotus flower seeds

lotusfreak

searching for nelumbo
Reaction score
was there an update on this project by chance????/ Id really Love to see the outcome and the mature plants!!!!!!!! Please please please!!!!!!!!!!!

lotusfreak

searching for nelumbo
Reaction score
was there an update on this project by chance????/ Id really Love to see the outcome and the mature plants!!!!!!!! Please please please!!!!!!!!!!!

lotusfreak

searching for nelumbo
Reaction score

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I guess they're not "listening" lotusfreak. :) Maybe you should yell louder. I think they all got busy with their other plants and their ponds and forgot about continuing with pictures of the mature plants. I'd like to see them as well. We can hope someone will check back and attach some pics of their plants they grew from seed.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would post some of mine but I am afraid you would be looking at an empty pot with some kitty litter.. :sad:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Wish they would get my camera fixed. I could take one with my phone I guess but it really takes poor pictures most of the time. Mine didn't really do great but it's still putting up about a leaf every two weeks. maybe 8-10 leaves up right now and believe it or not, I have my first bud coming up. It might bloom this year, I'd love to know what color I ended up with. I'm curious now if it will survive the winter!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
This is the one bloom I got for 2011. considering it bloomed Just before Thanksgiving I thought it was pretty cool.

Attachments

• late fall water lilylotus pics 003.JPG
    late fall water lilylotus pics 003.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 248
  • late fall water lilylotus pics 016.JPG
    late fall water lilylotus pics 016.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 233

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very pretty fishin! I still have pond plants growing, the lilies are sending up new leaves, but the cold is coming again and will remind the plants it really is winter..........lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I groomed all my lilies and put them on the next lower shelf (16-18" of water) and saw that most of them have new leaves, but none reaching to the surface. The new lily root that I got out of that lake has green shoots on it, but again, not really growing. All should be tucked in for the winter here, I think. :) Can't wait to start my lotus seeds next spring. Already planning their home, probably a large "muck bucket" that I can semi-sink into the ground. Not sure where yet, though. Addy, didn't you say that you don't have any running water in your lotus pond, or does the water run through it? Wondering if it simply needs wet environment, or if it needs running water to keep the soil substrate cleaner?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I found an easy way to hold the lotus seed is a nut cracker and cut it open with a serrated kitchen knife and then get a kitchen sponge cut it up and stick the seed in it and put it in a bowl of water seed sponge and all .Gives the seed a good rooting area.Rooting hormone helps it grow faster

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I groomed all my lilies and put them on the next lower shelf (16-18" of water) and saw that most of them have new leaves, but none reaching to the surface. The new lily root that I got out of that lake has green shoots on it, but again, not really growing. All should be tucked in for the winter here, I think. :) Can't wait to start my lotus seeds next spring. Already planning their home, probably a large "muck bucket" that I can semi-sink into the ground. Not sure where yet, though. Addy, didn't you say that you don't have any running water in your lotus pond, or does the water run through it? Wondering if it simply needs wet environment, or if it needs running water to keep the soil substrate cleaner?

Mine are in a 300 gallon stock tank, no moving water except one air hose. It got refilled with water mainly from the rain. I added water once via a hose.

I found an easy way to hold the lotus seed is a nut cracker and cut it open with a serrated kitchen knife and then get a kitchen sponge cut it up and stick the seed in it and put it in a bowl of water seed sponge and all .Gives the seed a good rooting area.Rooting hormone helps it grow faster

I used pliers to hold mine, vice grip one time also. But a nut cracker would work great.

Ask a Question