More New Babies!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well, I have 30 acres down in the high desert on the UT/NV border in pinion pine and juniper forest. I told the hubby I want a pond down there but he is not going for the idea yet. :( I have the perfect spot :) there is a ravene on the property sloped down toward the valley. If we just built up the down hill side, we could line it and fill her up :) It would be about 100' x 200'.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
[quote name='don't ask' timestamp='1339181340' post='123017']
how far from your home? koi as well? ooh maybe some carp?
[/quote]

It is about 5 hours on mostly dirt roads through the middle of no where and past several ghost towns. I would probably stock it with trout and/or bass. Since they are the common local fish and it would be like a natural pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here are some pics. This is the BBQer my grandpa built out there 30+ years ago and behind that is the ravene where I want to put the pond:

DSCN0858.jpg

A couple Ghost Town pics:

DSCN0816.jpg

P1000332.jpg

P1000329.jpg

Old Hotel
DSCN0823.jpg

Creepy doll on the steps of the old hotel
DSCN0819.jpg

Wild Mustangs
April2012003.jpg

April2012002.jpg

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It is about 5 hours on mostly dirt roads through the middle of no where and past several ghost towns. I would probably stock it with trout and/or bass. Since they are the common local fish and it would be like a natural pond.
5 hours drive time, but how many miles? Curious if you have to pack extra gas cans for your trip?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's about 300 miles. If you take the interstate it takes 5 hours but is a about 25 miles longer. Or you can take the back roads the whole way and it is about 25 miles shorter but takes 6 hours. We prefer the back roads when we have the extra time since you drive through a lot of cool little towns and avoid the interstate traffic and never ending construction.

We are going out there next weekend.

BTW, not sure if you heard about the fire on the Utah/Nevada border where the air tanker fighting the fire crashed and killed the two brave souls on board last Sunday? Well the plane went down 4.8 miles north of our property. We plan on driving out to the crash site and building crosses next weekend.

The fire was too close for comfort to our land.

Ask a Question