My almost complete pond

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Glad you read my posts. I still try to chop the odd one down now, cause Hubby started a little garden in the back ally right behind the fence, and he realizes that there's not enough sunlight in his garden anymore because he let too many trees grow. I need to cut one above my bottom pond real bad, it drops everything in it and I don't get enough sun for my water lily's to bloom anymore. I want to just call someone to remove it, but I need to wait till fall, cause I don't want them to drop branches in my cause it will break the long leaves on my sedges.

I am still typing on my tablet cause I find it quicker to type on the tablet screen than the computer, but I am using the computer to move my pictures around and sort them out. The tablet is more handy and indestructible, take it with me anywhere I can have a coffee right beside it, I can speak to this little tablet Beast, and it will type my words for me hahahaha :)

I still wish I had cut those trees down before he even noticed they were there...

Reaction score
callingcolleen1 said:
I still wish I had cut those trees down before he even noticed they were there...
We took that approach with our regulatory agency. Around here you have to get a permit to cut down a tree over a certain trunk diameter. Not suppose to have to pay for the permit if the tree is sick or endangering property. Last spring we removed a tree that was rotted half through a 24" diameter trunk hanging over the neighbors pool equipment shed. The inspector disagreed with the tree expert and we had to pay a fee. After the tree was down, I made the inspector come back and look at it. He thanked me for the education and kept my money. Hubby and I then spent the next several months removing all the small water oaks on our property. The water oaks are the ones that rot through all of a sudden. Our other neighbor, just had a really, really big water oak come down in a heavy rain we had last week. Something like that hits your house and it probably hurts just a bit. Fortunately, that one only took out a few other trees and a fence.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good gosh weak tree's .I had a line of pines someone planted before the woods line on my property ,a perfect line of them .I cut them all down before they got any bigger .They were about 8ft tall and there were 35 of them .They get those big ants and pincher bugs .Plus my property was behind them also and if I own it I want to see it .Cut those suckers right to the ground .I hated destroying them but I also knew if they got bigger they would become a problem .Best thing is they made great mulch ,I rented a big chipper .thing scared me ,I was afraid it would suck me in but got it done .

Ask a Question