My first swordtail baby!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I'll see it when I believe it... when HARO posts a pic of himself swimming in bright orange trunks.
Sorry, Dr. Sir, etc, etc, etc., but with OUR weather THAT won't happen for at LEAST another six months! :jawdrop:
John

Gotta go shopping for a bright orange Speedo! Mine are all more muted colours. :shame:

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I hope HARO the man is easier than HARO the fish to take care of. I'm finding that taking care of HARO is not that easy.
1) I have to overfeed every time to make sure that enough food sinks down to HARO's level.
2) And even before that, I have to make sure that HARO is in a feeding mood.
3) I sometimes have to turn the HOB off because the turbulence caused by the waterfall is enough to throw baby HARO around sideways.
4) I now think I have to put in a container with holes in it under the waterfall to decrease the turbulence. And I'll have to fix the container somehow so that it's in the right place.
5) I might have to add some extra filtration to take care of all this extra food I'm putting into the tank.

HARO, you are a lot of work for such a small fish!

Sidenote. I haven't seen my only Amana shrimp in the small tank since our water change. I'm always afraid that my heavy handed daughter might have killed it by mistake. And I haven't seen the Pleco in the big tank either. Do your critters sometimes disappear after water changes?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine do, I always think I have lost a lot with cleaning and water changes then next thing you know they are back.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I hope HARO the man is easier than HARO the fish to take care of. I'm finding that taking care of HARO is not that easy.
1) I have to overfeed every time to make sure that enough food sinks down to HARO's level.
2) And even before that, I have to make sure that HARO is in a feeding mood.
3) I sometimes have to turn the HOB off because the turbulence caused by the waterfall is enough to throw baby HARO around sideways.
4) I now think I have to put in a container with holes in it under the waterfall to decrease the turbulence. And I'll have to fix the container somehow so that it's in the right place.
5) I might have to add some extra filtration to take care of all this extra food I'm putting into the tank.

HARO, you are a lot of work for such a small fish!

Sidenote. I haven't seen my only Amana shrimp in the small tank since our water change. I'm always afraid that my heavy handed daughter might have killed it by mistake. And I haven't seen the Pleco in the big tank either. Do your critters sometimes disappear after water changes?

1) HARO is ALWAYS near the food.
2) HARO is ALWAYS in a feeding mood.
3) Haro is no longer affected by water turbulence, he's big enough to hold his own place.
4) HARO is fully housebroken, and needs no further filtration.

HARO really isn't a lot of work for an old fart!
John

Sidenote: HARO LIKES shrimp!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yumm shrimp and scallops for our valentines day dinner, with some bacon crumbs thrown in while cooking..................

1) HARO is ALWAYS near the food.
2) HARO is ALWAYS in a feeding mood.
3) Haro is no longer affected by water turbulence, he's big enough to hold his own place.
4) HARO is fully housebroken, and needs no further filtration.

HARO really isn't a lot of work for an old fart!
John

Sidenote: HARO LIKES shrimp!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yum addy..................we are having chicky w/ whatever we think of to go with it. Tomorrow is our 45th anniversary. Maybe we will go out and have a dinner in town

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha Haro........ .............I wish I was just a day over 30...........or 40............or.....................50..................not going any further on the wishing

Ask a Question