Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
:D

Sounds good, Addy! I'll see if my sweety will whip some up! :D
John
I use the cut up bacon bits from costco, coconut oil and pan fry the shrimp and scallops in it. With just a little old bay sprinkled on. Steamed sugar peas, sweet potato and some mixed veggies, lil glass of wine........PERFECT!

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
How did my thread on HARO get hijacked to Valentine's Day stuff??? Since we are talking about food, I had a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast. It was good but now I'm hungry again as pasta just goes right through me.

Not doing anything for V-Day, just not our thing. We kinda already celebrated yesterday.

HARO is doing OK. Ate today and actually looks a bit bigger.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I noticed when you feed them they do grow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
How did my thread on HARO get hijacked to Valentine's Day stuff??? Since we are talking about food, I had a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast. It was good but now I'm hungry again as pasta just goes right through me.

Not doing anything for V-Day, just not our thing. We kinda already celebrated yesterday.

HARO is doing OK. Ate today and actually looks a bit bigger.

Our minds start to wander as we age...................then later on our bodies start to wander also..............we have to hope they find us before we get to far off the beaten track tho

Glad your little fishy Haro is eating and growing some

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sigh..............guess I could be better with these signs.........................

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
awww she's so cute!!! I wonder what happened to the lil ones I saw last fall hanging out in the lillies...On an up note I saw my big kids hanging out at the bottom of my pond today as I have a nice big hole in the ice now thanks to my bubbler! :D

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Always nice to see your fish alive after a big ice over. Good job on the bubbler rebel

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I did it. Today, me and my son added an extra filter to the tank. It was simply extra K2 in a bottle with an airstone inside. Unfortunately there's too much K2 in there so the media isn't moving, but the K2 is still getting aerated. Also, put the bottle under the HOB outflow so the turbulence is dispersed and HARO won't be buffeted around.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great! lil haro will be really happy! No more tidal wave and clean water

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
HARO is a bit bigger now and less shy. She comes to the front of the tank quite a lot but still a bit slow on the uptake, both literally and figuratively.

The lessening of the strong currents has helped a lot. But she still doesn't really understand when food appears. The big fish are really quite greedy and basically try to vacuum everything up, even little bits of food which should be HARO's.

I'll try and update with her pics.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think Haro needs a little friend to play w/her own size. Give each other confidence w/ all those big bully fish crowding her out and stealing her food all the time

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I think HARO has doubled in size since I first saw her. She continues to be less shy but she just isn't that smart and doesn't seem to be aware when I come to feed her.

I'm also sure now that HARO was at least 2 weeks old when I first saw her because she was too big to be a new born. So somehow she must have survived.

And today, I saw another baby in that tank! I only saw it for a few seconds. At first, I thought it was just some thin floating debris. It was just a tiny sliver of something, yellowish and translucent in color. And then it swam away. I wonder if it was just born. And I'm wondering if it's a platy baby due to the color. But I'll post back when/if I have more news.

Ask a Question