My first swordtail baby!

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Fed them again just now, but HARO is still not eating. I'm thinking of putting another feeding ring in the tank, over where HARO lurks.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I'm going to try and put in a second feeding ring today. Still alive as of this morning.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
We did a water change today and surprisingly, HARO is less shy. We also found out HARO is a she, since she's slowed down enough to be inspected. She also ate some food today and appeared to be very hungry as she chased around for food.

I'd always heard that fish cannot swim backwards and I found that not to be true today when I saw HARO swim backwards into her hole early this morning.

One question though, did HARO have any broodmates? Was she a singleton, or were others born and only she survived?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I watch my fish swim backwards quite often. The pond fish. Maybe you have other haros and have just not found them.

So glad Haro is eating.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
HARO is feeding fairly normally now. I think she is recognizing me as a food provider. She's trying to eat as much as she can before being chased away by her parents. Glad we have some plants for her to hide in.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha me thinks the human Haro is having a bit of an identity crisis now w/ the he/she fishy named after him but I'm ready to have some fun w/it..................well why wouldn't I be? :ROFLMAO:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh that will be sweet John and make sure to photoshop a little pink bow on her head so we know Haro is a little girly girl :dummy1: This is the only smiley thing w/ a bow so deal w/ it.........and what is that green round thing where her nose/mouth is? Can we chip in and get some different smilies................I miss the old jumping, moving ones :(

Ask a Question