My pond fall 2011

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I really like the way you made your falls w/ the flat rocks going down and down and into the pond. Mine drops straight down and wish I would have done it your way. It looks nice.
There is always time to redo.....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes there is time but I would need more room. It's right up against the front deck now and it would mean buying new liner and redigging, yadda, yadda, yadda and more excuses galore. If we sell which we plan on someday if the lousy housing market ever goes up in our lifetime then I would do things way different on a new pond for sure, for sure. Just hope I'm able to still lift a shovel when the time comes
diggingahole.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Actually I lined my shelves with differing sized flat rocks to make it look like there was no liner under it and alternated different sized rocks amoungst all of the larger rocks. I never knew I could be so obsessed when it came to rearranging rocks! lol You can always add rocks under it too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I do know what you mean rebel on the arranging part. I took apart my falls rocks so many times I don't even want to think about it anymore. I still do it every now and then. Get in the pond, stand in front, look at rocks, remove rocks, redo,redo, and redo again. All the while the fish are nibbling on my legs and toes. Weird tickling feeling,lol!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
j.w...when i'm in the pond. my small fish try to eat my leg hair (must think its some kind of string alge), the big guys just hang around getting in the way. like little kids...i keep waiting for them to start asking annoying questions...whats that? can i help? etc....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
when I am grooming the lilies they come up and nibble my fingers, nibble on my legs and toes, it does tickle. I was able to look down at the large white butterfly one and tell that it is a boy it was so close.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I think they pick at dry skin pieces or at least they look for them. I have heard awhile back that someone stated a business w/ goldfish and sold sessions to people to stick their feet into ponds w/ the fish to defoliate them but they were shutdown cuz they said it was unsanitary to stick your feet into water w/ fish waste. We ponders are just sick aren't we..........going into our poop infested cess pools, lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep I think they pick at dry skin pieces or at least they look for them. I have heard awhile back that someone stated a business w/ goldfish and sold sessions to people to stick their feet into ponds w/ the fish to defoliate them but they were shutdown cuz they said it was unsanitary to stick your feet into water w/ fish waste. We ponders are just sick aren't we..........going into our poop infested cess pools, lol!

Laughing jw, the water in my pond reads less ppm then our well drinking water that we filter very well..............four filters to be exact.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Does not bother me one bit to go into my pond but drinking it is out of the question no matter how clear it looks or measures, unless of course it was the last source of water around here I guess, lol! Must be lots of little teensy critters in it, would be interesting to see though a microscope what it looks like in there.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
only if desperate jw! with a little chlorine added to the water.

Ask a Question