j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just cannot say how much I keep loving your video's more and more each time I watch. You should make up some of those little fairy deals and sell them at your local garden store. They are so sweet!

So sorry to hear about dear Poppy. I know she is one of the loves of yours and your hubby's life. I pray something will work to cure her. I will be sad to not see her in you video's :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_5860.JPG
Spring Has Sprung! Take a quick peek at the pond today!
Now I know why you were so tickled with my naming Donald and Hillary...... Your large Koi are almost identical..... your pond is beautiful..... Enjoyed your video..... Learned alot...... Love your voice /accent you would fit in very well in Tennessee. Lol Jimmy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Lovely Spring day, such an exciting time of year for us ponders. Your natural and organic, pond is beautiful.

When you replace the liner, could you keep sections of it, and place them in the pond, until the new liner forms a carpet of algae?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Lovely Spring day, such an exciting time of year for us ponders. Your natural and organic, pond is beautiful.

When you replace the liner, could you keep sections of it, and place them in the pond, until the new liner forms a carpet of algae?
I could do that but plan on leaving the old liner underneath for added protection. I won't have to worry too much as those big koi will be going up stream to the bigger top pond I built two years ago that now has algae growing nice.. Then the algae will eventually regrow. Has to be done and thankfully it's just one pond as the others have good growth of algae but not quite as lush as what is growing on that old liner.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
View attachment 98441
Now I know why you were so tickled with my naming Donald and Hillary...... Your large Koi are almost identical..... your pond is beautiful..... Enjoyed your video..... Learned alot...... Love your voice /accent you would fit in very well in Tennessee. Lol Jimmy
I see you have chose similar colored fish! They look great!!! Interesting to see your white fish swims first, where as my Orange fish is the "dominate" fish and she swims first with my big white one following.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
@callingcolleen1 I really like your pond. What kind of plant was the one you talked about in the very beginning? You said it will create a "marsh" and has white flowers. Thanks.
I will have to find the tag cause I can't remember. I got it a couple years ago and it does very well in my harsh climate. I will find the name....

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Colleen have you had to divide your yellow flag iris to make sure it doesn't take over your pond?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Colleen have you had to divide your yellow flag iris to make sure it doesn't take over your pond?
Its too big to divide in half so I just hack away at the edges and pull roots away piece by piece. I have since found out that the big yellow flag was declared a "bad weed" that grows too well here and is taking over parts of Canada. It seems that the plants were sold for years at the local nursery's and greenhouses. It seems they sell things for a while then declare them bad!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I will have to find the tag cause I can't remember. I got it a couple years ago and it does very well in my harsh climate. I will find the name....
OK I found the tag to that new marsh plant I got two years ago. It blooms beautiful sweet scented white flowers and is called Anemopsis californica or "Yerba Mansa"

Ask a Question