My Wildlife Pond

Reaction score
gardengirl said:
Not a gnome but a ladybird or bug weather station.
Here is that ladybug in all it's glory.
Basically it displays the temperature and also tells you how much rainfall you've had.

ladybug.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your plants are all coming alive very nicely. We all love the frogs when they arrive and start whooping it up :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I got inspired by your whildlife pond that I made one. This is a second year and everything looks good right now. Dont have a frog though as one died last month due to snap feezing.

Love your pond :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Been a while, hope everyone is well.
Not much happening with the pond at the minute, no sign of any spawn.

pond-18April2014.png

However, in the small wildlife pond, someone returned:

frog.png

For such a small pond you really dressed it up nice! It looks awesome!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice looking pictures and pond, tilt shift lens are fun. I owned a 90mm by canon and now own their 24mm, its a pleasure to use.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your kind comments. It's always nice to hear that others have been inspired by my efforts.

Whilst the plants are coming along well in the bigger pond I can't help thinking it needs more bushy plants as I think it still looks sparse. Were are going to plant some grasses in the stones around the pond and I may add some more plants in the pond as it's all one sided.

pond-02-18April2014.png

The little pond on the other hand I'm rather happy with, that's where the frog seems to enjoy sunning himself too.

wildlifepond01-04-18April2014.png

wildlifepond01-02-18April2014.png

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
reminds me of my first little ponds 23 years ago, it was small but pretty too, and I love the big white flower you have blooming, looks like it is in the pond. You also did a very nice job lining the rocks nicely all around pond too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ha! I have the same yellow flower plant... I think it called march marigold or something, same shape leaf that's why I notice.... I ordered from ebay and it came from the UK ;)

Reaction score
I love the big white flower you have blooming, looks like it is in the pond. You also did a very nice job lining the rocks nicely all around pond too.

I'll have to ask the Wife what that white flower is. I keep promising to use a little mortar to keep the rocks in place as they aren't secured down and our cat has a habit of knocking the stones in whilst getting himself a drink.

Ha! I have the same yellow flower plant... I think it called march marigold or something, same shape leaf that's why I notice.... I ordered from ebay and it came from the UK ;)

Yeah I think it is a Marigold. I got it a couple of years back and thought it would flower last year but it didn't. My Wife said it may have been sulking. As you can see it really took off this spring and is too big for that little pond now lol.

Ask a Question