Nature & Wildlife Thread

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
TOOK SOME DIGGING BUT I finally found it this grizzz was something to see. It has a story with it but i'll spare everyone. i'll never forget this one
Grizz sitting on dinner a Buffalo-1.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Burd what kind of parrot is that we have some of them living here in ct. they survive the winters and are multiplying in the wild View attachment 115801 View attachment 115802
That is a Monk Parrot or also named a Quaker Parrott. My avatar picture is a blue Quaker, I got him as a rescue, they are illegal to have as a pet in some states, as they interfere with farmer's.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
North east entrance to yellow stone is prairie. as we were driving we saw a cloud of dust in the distance but there was no wind, so we knew it had to be from an animal as there's no roads in that area. I floored it to find the grizzly in a cloud of dust could barely make it out. When I got to the spot we found the grizz about three hundred and fifty yards out in the prairie. being the very addicted wild life photographer I had to get closer. There was a typical western river 50 yards wide and 2 to 3 feet deep with rushing water. Well I grabbed my camera 600 mm lens and tripod and started wadding across the river. It was not an easy crossing BUT JUST AS I WAS ALOMOST ACROSS a woman yelled out from back at the road Hey YOU CAN'T GO OVER THERE IT OFF LIMITS . I yelled back great timing as I had about ten feet left to go. She yelled back read the sign " the sign was about 50 yards down stream and when I walked over to it the sign said CAUTION GRIZZY COUNTRY CAN NOT GUARANTEE YOUR SAFETY! so I yelled back to the woman it didn't say keep out it says if your dumb enough go ahead. So I ignored her and made my way to the stream bank and popped my head up the grizz now about 250 yards away. I started taking some shots but because of the atmospheric haze. LIKE A MIRAGE the quality was not coming out well. so I HAD to get closer . As I started toward him he caught a glimpse of me and charged. Now he was a long way off but it didn't matter I ran !! waded back through the river the grizz never got within a 100 yards or so but it didn't matter I was history got back to the truck and climbed the side of a hill got above the atmospheric haze and got the better photos in safety and no stupidity trying to get close to a feeding grizz .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is a Monk Parrot or also named a Quaker Parrott. My avatar picture is a blue Quaker, I got him as a rescue, they are illegal to have as a pet in some states, as they interfere with farmer's.
Tanks tara I hated called it a green parrot. you should see them in the winter you can't even see their beeks the downy is so fluffed up

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@GBBUDD They are very friendly birds, mine is a rescue and is so funny. He talks and sings. He will ask" hows yours your day" also " damn I've no coffee" along with other things he says.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD They are very friendly birds, mine is a rescue and is so funny. He talks and sings. He will ask" hows yours your day" also " damn I've no coffee" along with other things he says.
LMAO..... careful Tara a good friend of mine was asked by his brother to watch his yellow ring eyed blue macaw while he and his wife were having marital issues. The stuff that came out of that bird HE ORIGINALY KEPT IT AT HIS PET STORE WELL THAT QUICKLY CHANGED AS ANY TIME PEOPLE CAME IN AND THE VOLUME WENT UP THE BIRD STARTED YACKING and OMG lets say i'm sure they didn't want that repeated . But we fully understood why the bird had to go while they tried to repair the marriage

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
North east entrance to yellow stone is prairie. as we were driving we saw a cloud of dust in the distance but there was no wind, so we knew it had to be from an animal as there's no roads in that area. I floored it to find the grizzly in a cloud of dust could barely make it out. When I got to the spot we found the grizz about three hundred and fifty yards out in the prairie. being the very addicted wild life photographer I had to get closer. There was a typical western river 50 yards wide and 2 to 3 feet deep with rushing water. Well I grabbed my camera 600 mm lens and tripod and started wadding across the river. It was not an easy crossing BUT JUST AS I WAS ALOMOST ACROSS a woman yelled out from back at the road Hey YOU CAN'T GO OVER THERE IT OFF LIMITS . I yelled back great timing as I had about ten feet left to go. She yelled back read the sign " the sign was about 50 yards down stream and when I walked over to it the sign said CAUTION GRIZZY COUNTRY CAN NOT GUARANTEE YOUR SAFETY! so I yelled back to the woman it didn't say keep out it says if your dumb enough go ahead. So I ignored her and made my way to the stream bank and popped my head up the grizz now about 250 yards away. I started taking some shots but because of the atmospheric haze. LIKE A MIRAGE the quality was not coming out well. so I HAD to get closer . As I started toward him he caught a glimpse of me and charged. Now he was a long way off but it didn't matter I ran !! waded back through the river the grizz never got within a 100 yards or so but it didn't matter I was history got back to the truck and climbed the side of a hill got above the atmospheric haze and got the better photos in safety and no stupidity trying to get close to a feeding grizz .

Idiot,lol, just kidding but had to say it :whistle:

Wonder if that lady was watching you the whole time? Maybe she got some good photo's of you running for your life :LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Idiot,lol, just kidding but had to say it :whistle:

Wonder if that lady was watching you the whole time? Maybe she got some good photo's of you running for your life :LOL:
I know for a fact she had many as she was a tree hugger who was pissed. when I got back she was screaming I was endangering the grizzly and a-- h-le photographers like me gave us all a bad name. The worst I might have done to that grizz as you see he was the size of a full grown buffalo is maybe some heart burn if he had ate my a--

ASK ROBAMY what he goes through to get the shot. he may not chase grizzlies but even for the great bird shots he has there's and adventure to them

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sunrise shot after grizz-1.JPG
Just up stream from fishing bridge in yellowstone is a small picnic area. early one morning I decided to see what I could find as the sun was coming up. when I pulled in to the picnic area there was this grizzly just as I turned in but didn't run he was looking right in my open passenger window about 6 feet back and just barely any light I saw more silhouette then details but I knew he was huge, As I was in a f350 and he was looking right in . He finally turned away and walked into the woods and I had to get out in front of him and see if I could get a shot. I did get a few shots of him in very poor light but the sunrise was priceless
sunrise shot after grizz-1-2.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I was at Yellowstone the wolves killed an Elk. It took at least 45 minutes. Then, a grizzly came along and scared off the wolves. Tough country. Survival of the fittest.
my nemesis I can't get a shot of wolves in Yellowstone I have been out there four times four over a month and not one

Ask a Question