IMG_5826 copy.jpg

IMG_5839 copy.jpg

IMG_5842 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you ever have problems with your camera batteries in the cold? It rarely gets as low as 8F in the UK, but when I was visiting my step-brother in Switzerland a few years ago it was -15C (5F) and I had to keep taking the battery out and warm it in my hands before my camera would work.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have taken pictures when it was below 10f without issues. maybe your battery is aging, weak.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Do you ever have problems with your camera batteries in the cold? It rarely gets as low as 8F in the UK, but when I was visiting my step-brother in Switzerland a few years ago it was -15C (5F) and I had to keep taking the battery out and warm it in my hands before my camera would work.

Batteries will definitely last a shorter time if they're cold, and I've heard sometimes they won't work correctly at all. I keep my batteries and camera in a case that I zip my coat around, so they stay fairly warm while I'm out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Batteries will definitely last a shorter time if they're cold, and I've heard sometimes they won't work correctly at all. I keep my batteries and camera in a case that I zip my coat around, so they stay fairly warm while I'm out.

Ah ok. I'll know what to do next time - although hopefully it won't be that cold here in the UK anytime soon!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
One month until the Decorah Eagles lay their eggs! Since last year, the nest was completely destroyed after a storm in late Spring. RRP rebuilt a nest and installed cameras in hopes that the eagles would take it over. Last I saw, it looks like the eagles have taken it over, but we'll wait and see.

Clipboard01dsadads.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's that time of year again, the Decorah Eagles have an egg! It was laid yesterday. They ended up taking over this man-made nest after their nest was destroyed last June.

The second egg should come in about two days.

Clipboard01.jpg

Ask a Question