sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen lots of deer heading for more populated areas because they know it is a source of food and water

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You know where the Martinsville speedway is ,I am 15 minutes from it .

Reaction score
do you think if we used EPDM seam tape under the waterfall it would work?????? That is if we put the new liner in over the old one and cut the new one right under our waterfall and adherd the new and old together.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Putting a liner over a liner is not such a great idea .If you get a leak or water gets trapped between the 2 you will end up with the liner looking like an inflated balloon .If your waterfall is the leaking culprit it will not work .Also a top liner should layer over the bottom liner by a foot or more to keep water from wicking up under the 2 .I had that happen to mine and come fall I have to fix it .It started happening after the earthquake and guessing some where under the waterfall the liner shifted with the ground movement and I did not realize it at first .Now I can tell the piece of liner has sunk up there a couple of inches .I can tell that by the side rocks and the gap between the side wall rock and the top wall rock .There is a gap between the 2 of around 4 inches now and the top rock used to sit right on top of the side wall rock to hide the liner .

Reaction score
we have checked the waterfall---good there....found a bunch of pin holes in the bottom of the pond. Going to put the new EPDM liner over the old one.Will the EPDM tape work if we adhere the new liner to the old plastic one right under the drop of the fall?????

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
epdm tape will only stick to epdm if it is cleaned good well and will mostly eat through plastic and pl goop will not stick to slippery plastic either .You may have to bite the bullet and sorry to say take the waterfall apart like I have too .Fun thing is you can rebuild it bigger and better .Quick fixes are it quick fixes and will not hold up .

Reaction score
we broke up the waterfall and put the liner under it----you were right (no getting around it) will post pics when we are done----Thank you so much for all the help.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It all comes down to the you might as well or you are just fighting time .It is easier just to get it done and do it right and then you don't have to worry about it .

Ask a Question