Need Help

Reaction score
I need to replace my pond liner but,do not want to tear up my waterfall to put the new one under it----how or can it be done???? Please help winter is soon on its way and this needs to be done. My waterfall is mordered in.

Reaction score
That's easy...just lift it up and slip the liner under. Well, maybe not easy. Just joking. It sounds impossible to me.

Maybe we could start with why the liner needs to be replaced. A picture of the pond and falls would help.

Mortar is often pretty easy to break up and often the rocks can be reused. Depends on how the job was originally done. With a hammer and chisel I can dismantle most falls in about an hour including cleaning the mortar off the rocks. An chisel run off an air compressor is even faster and easier.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
welcome aboard, No need to post 4 posts to ask a question. I have taken the liberty to remove the other three, seriously no need to clutter the site with the same post in four places. i suggest watchinh youtube videos on seaming EDPM liner. It can be done, looking at your pics, the biggest worry would be the last six inches to a foot before the water fall dumps in the pond. Are those rocks motared in place if so that's going to make the job more challenging. EDPM makes two types of liner seaming tape, 6Inch dounle side amd 4 inch single side. double side goes inbetween the two liners being joined, 4" single side goes over to give a second layer of protection.

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking would have to be done.My husban and I build it this summer (neither knowing what we're doing) and some how we are loseing water everyday and can not find the leak.And as far as uploading pics and videos---I'm new here and trying to find out how to do it.

Reaction score
welcome aboard, No need to post 4 posts to ask a question. I have taken the liberty to remove the other three, seriously no need to clutter the site with the same post in four places. i suggest watchinh youtube videos on seaming EDPM liner. It can be done, looking at your pics, the biggest worry would be the last six inches to a foot before the water fall dumps in the pond. Are those rocks motared in place if so that's going to make the job more challenging. EDPM makes two types of liner seaming tape, 6Inch dounle side amd 4 inch single side. double side goes inbetween the two liners being joined, 4" single side goes over to give a second layer of protection.
Thank you

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Loading pics you can use More reply options at the bottome of the page and add directly from your computer. easiest way to download a video is post the video on youtube and post the link. It will show up directly on the post.
Also hint, allow the water to drop and see where it slows way down, if there is a hole in the liner the water will stop seeping out just below the hole. also while doing this it would be a good idea to check the water fall for a lot of moisture in the dirt, water could be seeping through a fold in the liner of the waterfall, this is probably the most common area a pond leaks from on new builds.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Oh, and I don't think the site is linked to facebook for sharing photos. I may be wrong on this but i don't recall it being done before.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
pic only Ignore the changes in the pic, I was trying something to see if it would work on my new laptop, Looks like I need to do some adjusting, LOL

Attachments

• post-4972-0-36388000-1346997185_thumb.jpg
    post-4972-0-36388000-1346997185_thumb.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 134
Reaction score
The liner is EPDM and just a few months old? No reason to replace the liner...just fix the leak(s). Leaks in streams and waterfalls are not uncommon. Keep in mind that if you replace the liner what's to stop you from ending up in the same boat again? Hunting down a leak is a great learning experience.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I didn't see were you mentioned having a liner under the waterfall
Welcome to the Forum

Reaction score
it's a plastic one,but putting a EPDM one in and the water fall has a liner under it----we are going to look again for the leak.If we find it how would I patch it on a plastic liner???

Attachments

• 0804121920.jpg
    0804121920.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 170

Ask a Question