j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 the falls look great! They really lucked out having you to get this up and running. What a pretty pond!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow I love the falls. You're a good friend to help them with this!
lol we barely know them! They posted on our bee keep association they would like some hives on their land. We are 1/2 mile from them, so offered to take over three hives. We didn't want someone moving in 20-30 hives that close to ours.

In meeting with them and walking the property to see the best place for the hives, we saw the pond. They mentioned the pump was dead and they had just had it professionally cleaned, last year. So I offered to help them get it back up and running. In doing that they told us no water went to the top pond. So I offered up some suggestions as to what might work. I still think the huge yellow flag iris are blocking a outflow pipe.

But like others have said; seems it'd be better to just send the whole lot to the upper and let everything flow down as probably originally planned. Doubling your pipe size would insure you'd get full pump capability. Unless the total head from pond 3 to pond 1 is prohibitive.

The entire flow is going to the filter box, which is at the same level as the upper pond without water flow. The filter box flows into a catch basin right before the water fall. It is in the filter box that we are thinking of putting the T to send some water to the upper pond. Use a ball valve to split the flow if not enough runs down the hose for the upper pond. We would need to move rocks, go up two rock walls, across a rock path to get a hose from where the pump is to the upper pond. Using the output in the filter box it would be a lot easier. Same level, shorter distance etc.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh and there were some very nice expensive koi, but Mr Heron wiped them out. The new owners are happy with just a few goldfish, and I mean few. They do not want to net the pond, mess with anti heron protection.

Ask a Question