New indoor pond?

Reaction score
Too make a long story short.. I decided to build my pond indoors.
We are going to enclose the garage for a "play room" and that is where I am going to put it.

I previously bought a pond liner at Lowe's.
160 gallon. It was on clearance and I got it for $32.00.
So I would really like to use it.

Now for the question. Has anyone used a preformed pond indoors? And if so, how was the pond supported?

I was thinking of building a 2x4 frame, then cover the top with plywood, cutting out a hole, and placing the pond in.
To add support around the pond I plan on covering the outside with plywood and filling the entire "box" with sand or perlite.

Any thoughts? Any problems? Will this work and prevent future pond failure due to the weight of the water?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
that sould work fine but i would build the surround out of cider blocks, and morter, then give it a faux rock face.

Reaction score
Hey this may help. I was thinking of doing a small raised preformed too..of course it turned into quit a bit more than that. BUT...my local pond store had a kind raised pond and it's indoors too. They used (like koiguy said) retaining wall blocks, silt sand to form the pond then used a liner. They has a display with 3 hand I took pics...here you go. He said the secret is to pack in the silt really good to form the pond. Also my local nursery had a raised pond and it looks like they did the same thing...It's the last pic. It's pretty big too. I'm not a pond expert yet but just thought these pics might get the wheels turning......Hope it helps...BA

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

]

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help.
And a special thanks to Baraccus for snapping those pics.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
this link will show you how to do an inside pond

I watched that video.

But I think that I am going to try the preformed liner that I have.

I appreciate the help!

I'll take some pics.. if I ever get that far!

LOL

Dave

Reaction score
i have almost the same thing you do...with the preformed pond above ground on a frame..it needs alittle more support around the sides though

Reaction score
c2c7390 said:
i have almost the same thing you do...with the preformed pond above ground on a frame..it needs alittle more support around the sides though

Is yours already up and running?

If so, how did you support the sides? I'm especially concerned with the plant shelves...........

Ask a Question