New pond dig

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm a big believer in sissy's socks for deep edges. I have rocks in some and plants in others and it hides the liner really well.
oh yea you did that too. I actually looked at something similar online (fabric wall planters) that I think will work. I'll have to note that down.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Past weekend we did the patio instead, just the two and a half of us laid the pavers in one day!!
549392_10155662089890387_2891470103230451108_n.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks! My husband is planning on putting in the pergola. I said go ahead I'm not doing it lol. I need to finish my pond!!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Lol. That's right Nepen, you've gotta draw the line! My hubby keeps talking about wanting a deck near the pond, I've said the same thing. I'm not doing it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Finally got to put in pea gravel... still need some more.. it just made my pond so dirty looking!
I found a few of my fish died a day after I put the pea gravel in and water turned super cloudy. Tested the water and everything was fine :( dont know what caused it. :(

I put old bio filter in the pond to start the bacteria. I have a long way to go before the cycle is complete.
I hope I still have my fish at the end of this :(

photo 1.JPG

Frogs and dragon flies found my pond.
photo 2.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I did the beautify part of the pond work today.... About 10 tons of dirt, and bit and small rocks moved today.

image.jpg

I have so much exposed liner, it's good for now but I'll use plants to hide the liner later.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 242
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Coming along very nicely! re: exposed liner, can you just raise the water level a few inches so the bulk of the liner is underwater?
I would love to but the end of the stream where I have a water fall is pretty low :( I tried to rise water level as much as I could but I want to have at least half and inch fall.

But I'm getting quite a lot of evaporation right now. I hope that's what it is and not a leak....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am adding water daily, unless it rains the winds and heat just suck the water out of the pond. And the plants in the bog use a lot

Raise the edge of the stream, which would make it higher than the pond where it dumps in, therefore a deeper pond, more water for your fish and a nice water fall drop.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Lol the pond is still cloudy as of now :) I'll be patient!

Didn't do much to the ponds of day.. But at least got the 'fall' part of my waterfall to at least look like one :)

A small fall from the bog
View attachment 81767

A fall from the stream. Not sold on the rocks, but the big one is too heavy for me and my husband to even carry so it's these two for now.
View attachment 81766

Anyway, a frog found my pond and laid eggs!! But at the end of the day I couldn't find the eggs anymore so I might not have tadpole after all :(
Nepen do you get a good sound of water flowing from the height of your waterfall?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nepen do you get a good sound of water flowing from the height of your waterfall?
When I had that little water fall it was not loud but got a nice background noise to it but I also have 30 feet long stream that make noises.

I had to adjust my bog a bit, after plants grow, the water level got higher than I wanted them to be so I had to lower the place where bog and stream connect. I also want some part of the bog to be higher than the water and once I put more gravel in that part, the water level kept raising.

Ask a Question