New pond dig

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
When I had that little water fall it was not loud but got a nice background noise to it but I also have 30 feet long stream that make noises.

That's what I was afraid of, especially since I don't have the room for a 30" stream. :(

It looks really good, you have done a lot of work on it for sure.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
This is my bog yesterday. Almost a year old :)

I wanted to have some 'above the water level gravel' so I added 20 bags of gravel (didnt think it'd take this much!) to add a few inches higher to half my bog.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My pitcher plants are doing well.
image.jpeg

And I love my new red stem parrot feather.

image.jpeg

I realized that moving plants to bog in summer is not a good time. I put those in since the end of March and they are doing great.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yes! Your picture made me go back and look at your build again since I am redoing the bog/waterfall area. Do you get much algae growth in the shallow stream during the summer?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That's what I was afraid of, especially since I don't have the room for a 30" stream. :(

It looks really good, you have done a lot of work on it for sure.

Do you want to have loud noise? If you want loud just make it 1 tire and let the water drop from the top. I put levels in them to hide my liner ;)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I was looking at doing a mult-tiered or gradual slope to make the ponds edge look more natural. Right now I have a volcano thing going on and I'd like to soften that up but I want the sound of the waterfall.
I swear I make this more difficult on myself than it needs to be...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yes! Your picture made me go back and look at your build again since I am redoing the bog/waterfall area. Do you get much algae growth in the shallow stream during the summer?
Yes. LOTS of algae in the shallow part and in the stream, even blocking the stream entirely. Mine's in full sun all day and we got so much plants material dropped into the pond. I had to use sodium per-carbonate a few time last year. I know I dont have a lot of fish. Last year I didnt have enough plants, it got a little better before fall, then worse after fall (leaves!!!) and now spring!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
And is that a long picture of your stream with the pitcher plant?

Stream.. in Feb. It's not really 30 feet.. probably 25... I actually have to go back and measure it. I remember using 30 feet long liner though ;)
IMG_4746.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I was looking at doing a mult-tiered or gradual slope to make the ponds edge look more natural. Right now I have a volcano thing going on and I'd like to soften that up but I want the sound of the waterfall.
I swear I make this more difficult on myself than it needs to be...
Do the water fall that you want, then add a little fountain head somewhere in the pond, it'll create sounds too and the pump is cheap ;)

Ask a Question