New pond pump sizing Q

Reaction score
Yep it arrived, in daft the large hole filled with muddy water, has been pumped out with it twice ..so it works.
Incredible that the hole has filled with around 1500 gall, of water so far!

Reaction score
thanks . is the return flow from the filter powerful enough do you feel for a decent waterfall feature ? I am looking at around 1M above the pond level

Reaction score
Since digging out the hole, it had been raining heavily.
So not been able to fit Liner yet.
Been using pump to remove average of 15,000 L per week ....just to keep from overflowing.
Convinced me I need a drain somehow.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
An overflow area will help. I have one edge lower, the extra water goes into the back yard down our slope away from the pond.

Reaction score
My problem is my pond is in the lowest part .... only way I can get an overflow is to arrange for it to be pumped.
I wonder that maybe I could have a 2" pipe 'hidden' under an edging stone sloping down to a small below ground hopper 'created’ outside of pool .. and put a small pump in that .... thought about an automatic float operated bilge pump from a boat.

Output of pump I could then run as underground pump to a drain.

Reaction score
Would want to put something over the opening of that in case a fish or fry swims down it into oblivion - maybe some type of mesh ?

Ask a Question