New to the forums

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@CountryEscape
I also get discounts on everything so I can sell you stuff for a discounted price, we sometimes get in free products from companies, and we also have used ones that are a lot cheaper. I'm willing to ship to you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We do sell and teach them about what you mentioned, and the common reaction is that people get overwhelmed. They come in thinking koi ponds are a simple thing to build and maintain. They then find out it is expensive and can be complicated, and god forbid they complain about price and then want to add lights.

The hardest part of starting up a pond is in the beginning.
Once it's set up properly, it looks after itself.(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I looked at your lights, Tommy, and they appear to be a nice set. I'm wayyyy too cheap for that, though. I think I saw a set of 3 for $40, but they were not LED. I'm thinking on it, though .... maybe I can talk my kids into getting it for me. LOL Is it a new set, or used? Do you know what the electric output wattage is? I don't think I saw that, but thinking LED's run really cheap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@CountryEscape It is brand new and it comes with the transformer and a timer, and day/night detector. Private message me your price range and we can work it out, because i can get cheaper setups if you want.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@CountryEscape i would go with led lights as they are most cost effective and last longer. also a typical set costs over 100 dollars. A set typically includes three lights, a photocell, and a transformer (they sometimes come with spikes or stands) Also you can get lights that give you the full rainbow spectrum (by that i mean they can change colors, or they have covers that when put over the light makes the light that color)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
plus LED lights do not get hot like the other ones .I have had the other ones and when they get out of the water just a little bit they melt the plastic lense so try for a glass lense and also found a lot of the cheap ones were the worst for leaking .I had ones with plastic and know .But i actually prefer down lights that shine down into the water as it makes the fish and water look better .The other lights shine up into your eyes and since hubby had cataract surgery he could not take the up lights .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
plus LED lights do not get hot like the other ones .I have had the other ones and when they get out of the water just a little bit they melt the plastic lense so try for a glass lense and also found a lot of the cheap ones were the worst for leaking .I had ones with plastic and know .But i actually prefer down lights that shine down into the water as it makes the fish and water look better .The other lights shine up into your eyes and since hubby had cataract surgery he could not take the up lights .
One lighting system I think is really cool are the led light strips on a waterfall but those run in excess of 100 dollars
414y2HmBCCL._SL1500_.jpg

Ask a Question