Reaction score
Country
United States
Building two ponds on a slope, bog pond at the stop (can't be seen so well from our deck) then about 35 feet of stream and waterfalls, into a lower pond. Both ponds around 12-15 long 10 feet wide, 4 ft deep at the deepest spot. Just got all the preliminary excavation done. LOTS or tree roots to cut out. I'm in NH. I'll be looking for advice and ideas. I plan to get the "sculpting" done by winter, then let the berm and ground settle until Spring, then start assembly.

Ad

Advertisements

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1629219218395.gif
@billdolloff

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

Building two ponds on a slope, bog pond at the stop (can't be seen so well from our deck) then about 35 feet of stream and waterfalls, into a lower pond.
I built mine on a slope, at the top two deck ponds that waterfall into a 85 or so foot stream, with a few small ponds in the stream. Waterfalls into the big pond. I had to dig down the upper edge of the pond by 4 feet and build up the bogs down slope wall by 7ish feet to make a flat spot. My ponds are about 45 feet from the house at the bottom of our 25 degree slope. I can see the fish from the living room windows.

It was interesting trying to make a flat spot for the ponds and bog.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You must live in the one pocket of NH where you can dig without hitting the state bird " Granite"

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
<ex Masshole and lived in southern nh for 10 years

Ask a Question