One for the stupid criminal files-

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
UPS just delivered a gas grill to my house. Problem is, I didn't order it! My address but a different name.
Had a $190 charge show up on my bank card last week, Amazon charge. I order thru amazon a lot but they have no record of the purchase. I contacted my bank and they refunded the money and are sending a new card. If you steal someones credit card number and order something use your address for shipping!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So keeping the grill? They want it back? I have had things show up in my name, my address, never ordered or charged to me. They just say keep when I call. I only use discover card, any charge on it I get a text message immediately.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Scammers are getting bolder and bolder. Who knows... maybe they thought they could beat you home and snag the box before you even saw it! (I do have to wonder though - if you're stealing a gas grill, wouldn't you buy one that's a little nicer than $190?)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When hubby gets gas, my phone is texting me before he can even get in the car that money has been spent. I love it. We have three cards, Amazon, Costco and discover all set to text me if anything is spent on them.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had USPS take it back. Someone will be disappointed. Don't need another grill and I would feel guilty keeping it plus if it did get tracked back to me, the bank would not be happy. Just wish I had gotten the name off the label to notify Amazon.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I always call Amazon and ask them what to do They do have a nice virtual assistant that can help, but not sure on something of this sort.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep dumb used your cc their name and forgot to change the shipping address, so funny! I paid to send something to a friend, I got a email to confirm it was me, had to tell them the 1.11 charge they put on the CC before they would process it.

Ask a Question