Our current project / disaster in progress (non pond)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We heard from the daughter, all willed to her. The brother, whom claimed he had no knowledge of her name, number etc, called her. She called the neighbors, the neighbors found papers about her estate, mailed them to the daughter. The daughter called us, she is deciding if she wants to come down or just have us take care of the stuff, ship her anything valuable.

Sad in a way she was going to come down and see her mom, has not talked to or seen her in 30 years. The brother never told her we had called him and told him how frail she was.

A load off our minds.

Added some glue on shelves to the bath. Bought two new toilets, 89 bucks at costco, push button flush, easier than cleaning the old ones, stained etc.
20180303_085221.jpg
20180303_085228.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh, you have a soft spot for that adorable Missy! What a bright eyed cutie!
Beyond a soft spot, she is a huge part of our life.

She was so cute this morning, ran to the bed rolled over with legs in the air. She did not want to go to Baltimore. Can't blame her.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Talking about helping others and getting burned; I have had that happen. But I’ve also had the reverse. I picked up an older guy hitch hiking, in south east ok. He was trying to get to Colorado to help his sister. I fed him dinner, bought him some water or tea, drove him to my place, let him fix his tent. Had to work the next day early, came home to find he’d raked the yard, fixed his rent, washed the towel he’d used as well as his laundry. I bought him some phone time, and he text when he made it to Colorado. If I recall, his sister was sick, going through a divorce. He texted out of the blue like a year later, saying he was staying up there to care for her. I was glad to help.
Sometimes helping bites us on the butt. Other times it comes back as karma.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@addy1 , I'm just now catching up on this thread and am very sorry your elderly tenant died. How awful the mother and daughter hadn't seen one another in 30 years :(

I understand your love of Missy as I feel the same for my sweet GiGi :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How awful the mother and daughter hadn't seen one another in 30 years
Yeah no clue why. We are flying down to meet her and hubby next Friday. She is telling us she needs closure, alone time in the house, sorry no alone time. Closure happened 30 years ago when she quit talking to her mom. They live in Iowa.

Everything in the house is ours, except papers clothes etc. We rented it to her as a turn key.
It is our responsibility to oversee.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm sure you and hubby are anxious for "closure" as well - LOL !
We need to get all the rat nesting material out of the house. They are still living in it even though there is no food. Getting a small dumpster delivered.

We won't work on the place until Nov, too busy now, bees, Baltimore, spring, yard.................etc.
It will be our winter vaca

Have another tenant, 74-75 had to send someone over to check thermostat, he put in a dead battery, got mad when we told him to change it for another. Started screaming at my hubby. The repair guy said he is showing signs of early Alzheimer, we will try to reach his son (need to get number) let him know he needs to be living with someone. We have seen signs of confusion, but the repair guy said he could not figure out what temperature settings were for, what to set the house at, etc. Dangerous to be on his own.
He gave us issues when we went to fix the place a little over a year ago, but still seemed competent.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh the joys of being a landlord! I remember the guy who was giving you grief awhile back @addy1 . Guess it's time for him to move on and let someone help him live somewhere else not on his own. Nobody wants to let go of their freedom and sad to see it happen but lots of times it does and what can ya do. Would not want it to happen to me but hey it might.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He has been there over 12 years, it will be hard for him to move. We worry about his ability to care for himself, like we did with the tenant that just passed. She just became worse in the last 4 months.
He has show some confusion, but still functional. Sounds like he is getting worse. Lives alone.

Ask a Question