Our Non-Human Animal Friends

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
4DE515B7-C4DF-4C8C-B854-69B4C6BD1B91.jpeg
Had to play catch up on everyone's pets. Everyone of them are so special and loved. I only have my one little best pal Boo left and she never leaves my side.........well except when I go somewhere away from the homestead.

She loves the snow almost as much as I do and every morning she has to make a visit to the pond for a drink of the lovely tasting pond water View attachment 105448

View attachment 105443
View attachment 105445

Boo and Smokey look alot alike ..... Smokey is a Rescue kitten...... He has way more personality than Izzy...... I think mixed up genes might be a plus as far as cats go.....lol Jimmy

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
When my last yorkie (I had 5) passed we were not going to get another. Dear hubby was retiring, we were going to be traveling............well lasted 4 months then dear hubby said I was too sad. So we got our new baby, this was her at 4 months.
View attachment 105476

Now at 4.5 years and the BOSS!View attachment 105477 View attachment 105478

She is written in our will with a good amount of bucks to take care of her.
Nice looking pooch.
I retire in the summer of 2018. Next year. I'll be 53. But as I'm aging in dog years. Suki may outlive me. At least I hope she can.
At any rate, she will be my last dog.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I always said last dog but or last animal and could never live with out that love .Plus pets make you feel better and then sad when they leave you for pet heaven .I retired just before my 50th birthday and moved here from NJ and miss friends but so much cheaper to live here .Since retiring I have lost my Harley and Hunter and King Arthur and my cat Sylvester Purrbody .It broke my heart each time but then decided to adopt more dogs .King was a rescue also as all my pets were .My mom raised chihuahuas so guessing it was normal to go back to a smaller dog as they are always puppies since they do not get big .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love my dogs, but I don't like having to take them out on a leash in the evening, for fear of skunks or coyotes
or having to keep them locked up all day while we're at work and the kids are in school

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love my dogs, but I don't like having to take them out on a leash in the evening, for fear of skunks or coyotes
or having to keep them locked up all day while we're at work and the kids are in school
Smokey is a whole lot like a cat we had when my daughter was young (Socks).... When we get home he wants to go outside.....when we get up he wants to go outside...... He wants to do his business outside..... But like you we have a huge coyote population..... A outside cat does not stand a chance in our neighborhood

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Suki has a doggy door and goes through the patio and back door into our privacy fenced backyard.
She fits through the extra small cat door and doesn't ever set off the motion sensors when we're not home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Suki has a doggy door and goes through the patio and back door into our privacy fenced backyard.
She fits through the extra small cat door and doesn't ever set off the motion sensors when we're not home.
We have a completely fenced in backyard..... The declawed cats can't get out but an eight foot fence is nothing to a coyote

B

Burd

image.jpeg
Here's Lucky, he's a Quaker Partot, slightly larger than a cockatiel, my recent adopted friend, he was in a bad place, he doesn't bite, doesn't pick, very nice for a male. He's around 10 years old, he's almost blind, we think due to diet, my vet has him on Red Palm 2X a day to try to help, it seems like he's a bit better already,

B

Burd

I forgot to say, he talks, says about 5 diff words, he's learning all the time. Lucky bird is the latest, along with these, hi, huh, hiss, fart, burp, cough, kiss, pop, purr, woof, lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
View attachment 105536 Here's Lucky, he's a Quaker Partot, slightly larger than a cockatiel, my recent adopted friend, he was in a bad place, he doesn't bite, doesn't pick, very nice for a male. He's around 10 years old, he's almost blind, we think due to diet, my vet has him on Red Palm 2X a day to try to help, it seems like he's a bit better already,
Thank you for posting your beautiful bird! I'm glad he has found a loving home.
This is Kaycee, is my 22yr old parrot, she talks really good, she laughs a lot and even tries to get into our conversations
She's a lot of fun! It's hard to remember she's a bird sometimes
IMG-20160623-WA0006.jpeg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a completely fenced in backyard..... The declawed cats can't get out but an eight foot fence is nothing to a coyote
When I lived in Arizona, we had a 6 foot block wall, the coyotes would walk the wall looking for a meal. My late hubby let our two yorkies out while I was at work, they took my lil josey. I had warned him to never let them out without walking the yard. All 4 lbs pure white yorkie. Broke my heart. I am so protective of our lil missy.

They say we have them here, have never seen one, but do see red fox, owls, hawks. We leash walk our pup.
She gets to free walk for her got to go now!

Ask a Question