j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I see them often on my long walks and sometimes they pass by our property along the cow fence. There are a bunch here now in the tree farm and the ravine where the bears live. Usually I only see one at a time but once when in the tree farm near dusk I saw several peering at me from the woods. They all seem to be afraid of me so far. Bobcats too. A cougar took a pup recently from a guys back porch near here. Now that made me start carrying a metal weeding tool and pepper spray to fight it off. They say to fight as hard as you can cuz they don't like things that try to hurt them but don't worry I'm not going to start the fight :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
When I lived in Arizona, we had a 6 foot block wall, the coyotes would walk the wall looking for a meal. My late hubby let our two yorkies out while I was at work, they took my lil josey. I had warned him to never let them out without walking the yard. All 4 lbs pure white yorkie. Broke my heart. I am so protective of our lil missy.

They say we have them here, have never seen one, but do see red fox, owls, hawks. We leash walk our pup.
She gets to free walk for her got to go now!
You were in Arizona...... Golden Eagles can lift and fly away with 5 pounds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
The coyote population around here is exploding, with all the development taking over their natural habitat. I already have a screened buggy for GiGi, my 6 lb poodle....but now I'm terrified of all the horrifying coyote stories of late.

So this morning, I was standing in our drive way, chatting with our neighbor, holding GiGi.....when I see a coyote come from the back yard of the people across the street and run into the woods ! It was 11 am.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's not a good sign when they come out in the day time!..means they're not that scared of humans anymore!

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Smokey is a whole lot like a cat we had when my daughter was young (Socks).... When we get home he wants to go outside.....when we get up he wants to go outside...... He wants to do his business outside..... But like you we have a huge coyote population..... A outside cat does not stand a chance in our neighborhood
No coyotes here.
This is the suburbs. Smack between the Everglades and the Atlantic ocean.
I've only seen some last year when I went striped bass fishing on Lake Meade while out in Las Vegas.
They looked like scrawny dogs and they were in groups by the bank in one area.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So this morning, I was standing in our drive way, chatting with our neighbor, holding GiGi.....when I see a coyote come from the back yard of the people across the street and run into the woods ! It was 11 am.
They would walk down the street in front of my house around noon, in Arizona. Almost like on a schedule. We saw a lot of them while we were there getting my house on the market. Our lil Missy was never in the yard by herself. If she was out I was out within feet of her.
You can hear them howling and yacking it up on the hills around us at night.

I almost lost one of my yorkies to a bald eagle in Colorado. I was walking them down the road, all five, all leashed, I was running with them when I heard a screech as a eagle zoomed over my head. I must have made it quit its attack.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my brother in law put out his game camera and has caught 3 bears on it .He lives not far from me .The one looks like a 3 or 400 pound one .They are clearing the woods over there on Berry Hill R for a new business

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
View attachment 105536 Here's Lucky, he's a Quaker Partot, slightly larger than a cockatiel, my recent adopted friend, he was in a bad place, he doesn't bite, doesn't pick, very nice for a male. He's around 10 years old, he's almost blind, we think due to diet, my vet has him on Red Palm 2X a day to try to help, it seems like he's a bit better already,
I don't DO birds. Don't know much about them. But I think those are Quaker parrots that live here wild in south Florida.
They fly in in small, noisy groups and go wild on my grape vines.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
And birds only choose to poop on your car or you clean clothes on the clothes line .I like the sound but sure wish for bird poop stations .Arrow and sign ONLY POOP HERE .;;)

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
And birds only choose to poop on your car or you clean clothes on the clothes line .I like the sound but sure wish for bird poop stations .Arrow and sign ONLY POOP HERE .;;)
We can't do clothes lines here. 6 months out of the year, it rains every stinking day.
Also the hurricanes have systematically taken out all of my trees but one. And there are no cars near it to poop on.

Ask a Question