Planning my new pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
OK -- You all probably think my posts seem REALLY strange. Somehow, I was only seeing page one. (Hence, me not realizing you were new to the group) Then when I posted, I saw the last few posts. I was super confused. THEN figured out there was an entire page TWO with all sorts of wonderful pictures and other posts.
Now I am up to speed. The pond looks great! You did a lot of hard work! Were you incredibly sore after all that digging? The deep area looks like it will keep your fish really cool.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
OK -- You all probably think my posts seem REALLY strange. Somehow, I was only seeing page one. (Hence, me not realizing you were new to the group) Then when I posted, I saw the last few posts. I was super confused. THEN figured out there was an entire page TWO with all sorts of wonderful pictures and other posts.
Now I am up to speed. The pond looks great! You did a lot of hard work! Were you incredibly sore after all that digging? .
So Glad that you liked my job this much. Actually the digging was not supposed to be that hard but the huge buried chunks of stones, bricks and tiles were very hard to extract from ground, and due to them the pond is not in the exact shape I wanted initial. Extracting those stones made the shelves and sidewalls very uneven.

The deep area looks like it will keep your fish really cool.
Yes, it'll keep my fishes cool specially when the outside temp will reach at 50'C. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
It looks great! Do you keep going out to admire your hard work? (I do that after I've completed a project.)
I'm going to start digging at some point and I'm dreading it. We have these deposits of very hard red clay. They are almost like boulders of concrete. Running into those is no fun!
Enjoy your lovely pond!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It looks great! Do you keep going out to admire your hard work? (I do that after I've completed a project.)
Yeah I do, but mostly to watch the fishes.

I'm going to start digging at some point and I'm dreading it. We have these deposits of very hard red clay. They are almost like boulders of concrete. Running into those is no fun!
Enjoy your lovely pond!!!!
But it also has an advantage that you can give your pond any shape you wish and you won't even need any retaining wall to hold loose soil.

Initially while I was planning my pond, didn't thought it will be so beautiful and full of life.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It's a little early to be placing fish in the pond.
Your pond needs to establish a stable bacteria population first.
Make sure you are measuring ammonia levels.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It's a little early to be placing fish in the pond.
Your pond needs to establish a stable bacteria population first.
Make sure you are measuring ammonia levels.
Those are few tiny fishes just for practice. Soon when the pond will be properly established I replace them with goldies.
IMG_1297.JPG
IMG_1296.JPG

Ask a Question