Please tell me this is NOT a baby Bullfrog

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I keep putting the toads and frogs I find around the yard into the pond stream but they never stay around.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not a bull frog NOPE...... Leopard frog yeah in some line of that family

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Agreed the posts on page 1 are leopard frogs the post on this page no doubt are toads.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I just leave all the frogs in my pond, not much point in trying to relocate bullfrogs where I live as there will be another to take its place in short order. Besides I look at the bullfrogs as fish population control in my big pond. Now, my smaller terrapin pond has a tighter weave net to keep the bullfrogs out from a few years ago when the turtles where hatchlings. Currently those guys are about 4” across, so don’t need to worry about the bullfrogs chowing on them anymore. Hawks and herons still need to stay away though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just leave all the frogs in my pond, not much point in trying to relocate bullfrogs where I live as there will be another to take its place in short order. Besides I look at the bullfrogs as fish population control in my big pond. Now, my smaller terrapin pond has a tighter weave net to keep the bullfrogs out from a few years ago when the turtles where hatchlings. Currently those guys are about 4” across, so don’t need to worry about the bullfrogs chowing on them anymore. Hawks and herons still need to stay away though.
I shoot 25+ bullfrogs every year, this last year was the first with no big bullfrogs. So I think I'm getting somewhere.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I shoot 25+ bullfrogs every year, this last year was the first with no big bullfrogs. So I think I'm getting somewhere.

Ask a Question