pond hypnosis

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I do have lotus, hyacinth, not alot but are contained in a ring about 1 1/2 ft, black taro and two other plants darnit cant think of their names...just a new pond and just have to play the waiting game...dont want to put my fish in until I get all the test readings, which I've ordered a test kit just hasn't came yet. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
davepratt said:
does anyone else on here get yelled at by there better half for staring at there pond for hours on end or is my ole lady just evil??? oh well i cant help myself its hypnotic to me hearing the water flow over the falls and watching the fish interact sorry!!!
Hey Dave Idont get yelled at as my good lady is sat up by the pond with me : :cheerful: we sit there watching our koi contemplating life the universe and everything whilst chilling to planet rock on the DAB radio.
We have a large flask of Java which to drink from.
I cannot think of a better way to spend a good nice warm summers day.nor can my good lady.
I suggest you get the better half up by the pond so that she chills with you . :bowdown: ......

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Well im not married to her so i could always just go out fishin for a new one plenty of fish in the sea one of um will enjoy the pond with me no pun intended Well maybe there was? Lol

Reaction score
rebelangel_3733 said:
I do have lotus, hyacinth, not alot but are contained in a ring about 1 1/2 ft, black taro and two other plants darnit cant think of their names...just a new pond and just have to play the waiting game...dont want to put my fish in until I get all the test readings, which I've ordered a test kit just hasn't came yet. :(
. Well i just had to tear down my pond to put in a new liner a few weeks back i saved all my plants and fish in a kiddie pool until i got the new liner in then i filled my pond back up with the hose once the new liner was in and put the fish n plants back in the same day along with the water from the pool and i had no problems water is clear as a drinkin glass but my pond is more than half covered with hyacinth and lettuce never got an algae bloom oh yeah i have never checked my water ever with a test kit

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
davepratt said:
Well im not married to her so i could always just go out fishin for a new one plenty of fish in the sea one of um will enjoy the pond with me no pun intended Well maybe there was? Lol
Niether are we Dave but weve been togther 25 years this December. all our friends who married are now divorced and we are the only two still together .
You dont need a piece of Paper to be partners and it seems to us that it's that very bit of paper that is responsible for them getting divorced.
As long as you remember that a relationship is a 50/50 thing and that you dont go to bed on an argument then you have it made , besides Val and I are happy as we are and thats whats important and the ability to be able to make your parner laugh .
So as common law Husband and wife we are indeed very happy

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Dave 54 said:
Niether are we Dave but weve been togther 25 years this December. all our friends who married are now divorced and we are the only two still together .
You dont need a piece of Paper to be partners and it seems to us that it's that very bit of paper that is responsible for them getting divorced.
As long as you remember that a relationship is a 50/50 thing and that you dont go to bed on an argument then you have it made , besides Val and I are happy as we are and thats whats important and the ability to be able to make your parner laugh .
So as common law Husband and wife we are indeed very happy

rgrds

Dave
25 years together is no small feat! I think that is wonderful.

davepratt said:
Well im glad u are happy good ones r hard to find
Usually it is women that I hear make that statement. :surprised:

I love sitting by my pond and to me, It doesn't matter whether hubs is sitting with me or not. If he wants to join me, great. If he decides he wants to do something else too, that is great as well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
davepratt said:
remember it looks greener on the other side of the fence but the green could be fake .I have a friend that has been married 8 times and he is still looking over the fence for perfection and finds it for awhile and then the perfection fades or as they say the grass has a lot of weeds in it and when they die off there are a lot of bare spots that look scarey .man or woman it is all the same .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My sister in law has been married 5 times .I can remember some of the guys at the ford plant and they were always cheating on there wives and several I have seen at a get together and they are broke and living in apartments by them selves .They were always trading up to the newer models (women )and those would just take there money and move on when they felt like it .Just because the girl is young and pretty does not mean there is anything else there .The men could not keep up with young and pretty they were tired and afraid to admit they were getting older .Young girl on your arm does not mean you are young too . :cheerful: Hubby is stuck with me until one of us die's and I remind him of that .Just in case . :rolleyes:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Dave 54 said:

rgrds

Dave
Yup, after almost 41 years of married life, my wife still laughs every time she looks at me! Maybe I should feel insulted? :dunno:
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep haro must be it .We just celebrated 40 years on Feb. 18th so we got married young .He is stuck with me . :cheerful:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We met over the internet the best chat I have ever have, he is wonderful great perfect for me man. I treat him like gold. He says he loves me every day. Treat each other as you want to be treated and life will be good. Together since 2007 still have not had one argument., and probably never will. We discuss, not argue.

Ask a Question