j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good you got the tank fixed and mower too addy. Just keep away from that ivy stuff or you will be miserable. You guys back east of us are still getting froze toes? I think we are headed on a steady course to warmth from now on. We will get rain of course but no more freezes here.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are predicting 28 the one morning, 32 the next, heavy frost..............not good. Plants on their own, no way I can cover everything. I am going to mound the garden, get the rows ready, get the holes dug, sprinkler system run, have everything ready to put the plants in. Plop them in tuesday morning. We leave wednesday am for two weeks, so out of time.

I have the shubbie tank so I can decrease the water flow low enough not to worry about it, showed my neighbor what to watch out for, if I call and say there is a leak. Will peak at the pond a few times a day, hopefully.

Finally joined the new world of phones, my cell is 14 years old, good old flip phone. Honey talked me into getting a new one........so much fun..........this one does wifi hot spot, we will be using it for the lappies, also the cell phone does a great job seeing the pond. Virgin mobile only 35 bucks a month (low minutes) unlimited data.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Nice, Addy!!! I've not heard of Virgin Mobile. My son and daughter now both have the unlimited talk/text/data phones with Wal-Mart plans for $45/mo. No extra fees and tax either, so it's flat $45. Sounds like your plan is even better, unless you talk a lot, which I don't. I upgrade in October, so will see if kids still like their phones, if so, will get new smart phone for myself. Right now, I don't even care about having the internet on a phone, but I suspect once you have it, you want it all the time! I just don't want to feel so connected to the internet all the time. We shall see ....

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I don't stare at the sucker at all, just use when I need to. Honey, when he retires, loses his phone, that has been our primary phone for renters, traveling etc. When you are on the road having internet for banking, emails etc is nice. We are starting the conversion to our own phone. So far one person has the number i.e. honey! So far I have used 70 minutes of talk time in two months...........

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We just have one of those Wal-mart Straight talk phones for $30. w/ 1000 mins per month and we share it but I hardly ever use it. Once in awhile I remember to take it when I go walking, other times I forget. It's run on Verizon cell towers and so far that's the only towers we can get reception w/ out here. It's just a cheap little flip phone. We hardly use any of the 1000 mins so it's as good as we can find here and it works fine.
We'll use it more whenever we get out there and see the world,hopefully in the fall and winter when we head south to look for the warmth of the sun.

No frost here but we did get the rain back but temps are still up in the 60's anyways.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
callingcolleen1 said:
Did you mention FrOsT!! Oh my goddness, hope your plants will be OK! and Welcome to Smart phones Addy! I am sure you will have Fun playing with that phone! :)
28 tomorrow am, 31 the next am, frost predicted. Right now a warm 58. More rain coming. We have been wet this year.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here are the cuts outs from that tank, the gong. Right now hanging off a tree.

DSC05528.JPG

DSC05529.JPG

DSC05530.JPG

A wind chime he made out of the top of tanks.

DSC05519.JPG

Really enjoy the sound of the chimes and the gong

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
The wifey and I both have iPhones thru Verizon. We love having the Internet and navigation on our phones. It's so easy to go to google and look something up when we are out and about. Our emails all come to our phones. It's nice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I think I would use the internet more often with a smart phone, BUT I don't think I could get used to sending e-mails and responding on this GPF on a smart phone. Maybe it's because I need reading glasses, or maybe it's because I'm a really fast typer, but NOT on a small phone keypad. I know they have "swipe" and faster ways of typing, but I also know those "smart" phones tend to "auto correct" when you meant to say! My sister is forever posting "Damn You Auto Correct" text messages. There's a website for all of them. Quite hilarious, so don't go to the site unless you're in need of a lot of laughs. :claphands:

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
That is true about the small screen but you can zoom in on a page to make the words as big as you need to read them. It's pretty easy to type on the screen. Once you get the phone it learns your typing habits and the auto correct does its thing.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes I hate the auto correct as well!!!! BUT you can hit the microphone button and speak and smart phone should type, but sometimes that too is a nightmare if your speech is not clear and concise, or their if background noise.

Are you still home? Did you mention you were leaving agsin? How long are you going this time?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep still home, getting things in shape for our neighbor to watch over the house and pond. Need to get the veg garden in, but waiting till tomorrow to plant, since we are freezing again tonight.
We are heading down to work on his dads home, hoping to finish it up so we can possibly rent it. Will be gone for 2 weeks, a work trip...............lots to do, dry wall, tile, cabinets, paint, wood floor, but we work together well and fast. Will see how we do on our "TASK" list lol.
The "smart" phone does have the speak and talk, just have not tried it yet. A lil mini computer.
We tested the wifi hotspot, it seems to work well. Here we have lousy cell phone reception, does not matter if sprint verizon etc. Down there we have 4 g signal, all sorts of cell reception, the wifi should be good.

Ask a Question