Pond is up and running

Reaction score
:bowdown:Thanks for the quilt advice Bunnymp, I have washed that and the skimmer pad both each of the last 2 days and am getting lots of that clay color coming out. The water already looks better.:icon_smile: I'm adding some beneficial bacteria this weekend. Is there any place in particular that I should be putting the bacteria?

DrDave: your comment about runoff got me thinking, so I turned on my garden hose and ran it near several areas around the pond. I found out that there is a low spot next to my skimmer where i watched the run-off flow into the pond carrying with it that lovely gray clay color. This weekend I plan on building that area up to keep the run-off out. Every where else seems to be high enough that no water can flow into pond.
photo-1.jpg

Reaction score
Actually there are a lot of rocks in our pond.We intend to remedy that by removing most of them. I haven't had any trouble yet, but with the pond being less than one year old not sure if the real trouble has started yet.I know that removing the majority of the gravel will help, but we plan on leaving some of the larger rocks to act as hiding places for our fish and just to make it appear more natural. Should be WAY easier to keep clean then

Ask a Question