sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But in defense there are some customers that just want a crystal clean pond and don't want to do the work that it involves .I saw it here on the house tour 3 ponds that looked like they were just built and the homeowners told me they let the pond guy handle that part they just want clean water to brag about,I guess to each his own I prefer the satisfaction of doing it myself .I never knew that irrigation could ever be off the meter .I know that would not go well in NJ .Even businesses there that have irrigation have water meters on there systems and reason for that is they can be turned off during drought to make them conserve water if they are not obeying the restrictions .Had to add after your post Mitch there are areas that still use those high pressure nozzles .I know here my neighbors well pump burned out 3 times and guy told them it was the high pressure nozzles on there sprinkler system .Not sure if that is true .Only 3 house in my little area have those systems

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
But in defense there are some customers that just want a crystal clean pond and don't want to do the work that it involves .I saw it here on the house tour 3 ponds that looked like they were just built and the homeowners told me they let the pond guy handle that part they just want clean water to brag about,I guess to each his own I prefer the satisfaction of doing it myself .

Two different categories here, Sissy! YOU are a "hobbyist". THEY are "rich"! :D
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Feeding Frenzy.JPG
Water temp 64F air temp 70 ... Feeding frenzy! Water on the rock and me are from them ....lol ... That koi coming up to me is 19", pic makes him look like a babe! Same with the platinum Ogon, about 18". They look stunted! I'm actually 7'2" .... I look, 5'10" in the pic. This weather is awesome ... Good week ahead !!! Enjoy all !!!
Feeding Frenzy.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nice looking fish you have there and really nice aeration from your waterfall .I just have cheap mutts from the koi farm ,fish they can't sell they sell to us poor folks a couple of dollars a piece

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
nice looking fish you have there and really nice aeration from your waterfall .I just have cheap mutts from the koi farm ,fish they can't sell they sell to us poor folks a couple of dollars a piece

I recall your pics, for mutts, they're looking pretty fine, sissy! I have my bio external pump with my skimmer pump converging at the falls. When feeding as in the pic, the skimmer is off so that's half the falls. I have an air pump going also and I'm starting to wonder if it's basically and add on for the electric company. You must be warming up down there also, right?

Wondering why there are 2 pics the same. Posted one!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep up to 78 today and supposed to be 80's the rest of the week .I am getting towards the end of all my projects and the blisters on my hands prove it .Still have to finish shelves for my sons office and replace a couple of deck boards on that deck .Then onto cleaning the siding on the house and cleaning windows.If I get done soon enough I may take a ride up to NJ to see my other son and see my friends .

Reaction score
The high pressure doesn't neccesarily mean that you are using the pressure to blast away anything, you are filling things way faster as well.
Actually, having high pressure doesn't necessarily mean you can fill things "way faster", if you want to fill things fast it's more important to have a high flow rate. Of course this is where that "knowledge of irrigation systems" comes in useful. ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, having high pressure doesn't necessarily mean you can fill things "way faster", if you want to fill things fast it's more important to have a high flow rate. Of course this is where that "knowledge of irrigation systems" comes in useful. ;)
Now we are just nitpicking. Yes that is exactly what I mean, flow rate, which results in a higher pressure than a lower flow rate.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok got it! Sorry about that! I didn't realize you did pond maintenance! I Meyer or someone posted a video from Aquascape telling the public they should power wash their ponds at the beginning of each season. Possibly something like that I recall! Not a practice 99% of the folks in the forum would do.
So, @jakkbauer , do you have to remove the fish into a holding tank, then do the cleanup and refill ... assuming you do complete pond maintenance?
Yes on a total clean out fish are removed and acclimated.

Ask a Question