Pond lighting question?????

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
go to the tool bar on the top of the page ...click on photo ,{edit} ,click on resize .....play with it ,i do about 35% . it took me weeks to do it theb first time

Reaction score
DrCase said:
go to the tool bar on the top of the page ...click on photo ,{edit} ,click on resize .....play with it ,i do about 35% . it took me weeks to do it theb first time

LOL! Thanks! I don't feel so bad now! LOL!

Reaction score
DrCase said:

Okay! I must be completely lame bc I can not do this! LOL! I don't know why!!!?!!!:100::twocents:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
try to go into your photo album. find a pic you like. than you should see photo up on the tool bar. click on it , look for resize, i go about 35%,,,,than click ,save as , i put it on my desk top . when you make a post , click manage attachments,,,, click browse ,,and get it off your desk top. good luck

Reaction score
Froggymomma:

Were you able to figure out how to resize your photos? Do you have HP Photo & Imaging? If so go into that program click on the photo you want to resize and click on resize & change the pixel width to 525 and save as a different name. I save my resized photos in a file I call e-mail, then it is easy to find them. If you need any more help or have any more questions, just ask.

Carolyn

Reaction score
froglover said:
Froggymomma:

Were you able to figure out how to resize your photos? Do you have HP Photo & Imaging? If so go into that program click on the photo you want to resize and click on resize & change the pixel width to 525 and save as a different name. I save my resized photos in a file I call e-mail, then it is easy to find them. If you need any more help or have any more questions, just ask.

Carolyn
Okay. Thanks! I am going to check and try again......:icon_rolleyes: I feel so dumb!

Reaction score
Well, I installed the light and I love it. I am not able to upload pictures because I haven't figured out how to resize them.....UGH! I just wanted to say thanks for the help.... :eek:)

Oh and two of my tadpoles are now leopard frogs....sooooo cute! I love them!

Reaction score
New to the pond thing, but not new to fish..

Isn't it unhealthy for fish to get to much light? We usually turn off our tank light every night around 11pm. So it really only runs for about 2 hours from 9-11 in the summer, longer in the winter months..

just curious..

Reaction score
Ph1ngering said:
New to the pond thing, but not new to fish..

Isn't it unhealthy for fish to get to much light? We usually turn off our tank light every night around 11pm. So it really only runs for about 2 hours from 9-11 in the summer, longer in the winter months..

just curious..

I know in the aquarium the algae would go nuts if I were to leave the light on.
I turn off my aquarium light every night as well.....I wanted the the pond light so I could enjoy it while I am outside this summer. It is really nice outside at night here in So. Cal. and I just wanted to enjoy my pond when I am out there. It can be plugged in or unplugged when ever you want it to be so it is no biggie....kwim?

Plus we tend to have a lot of family parties that last late into the night so it is nice to show off the pond in that way as well! That is why I wanted it anyway.:):goldfish::goldfish::goldfish:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
i run my lights all night all year ....if i walk out, i want to see the fish...they seem to like to see what their eating .....

Reaction score
I had half my lights on 24/7, as they had no senser. 2 of the 3 lights have burnt out, and once the last one dies, I'm going to get a new transformer and new lights. I have 4 20 watt, but I need to go with 50 watt bulbs. There is light, just not enought to make me happy.

I also want to see my fish. I can stand at the window of the house and watch them swimming and feeding most of the night.

Reaction score
Yeah I here ya, I like seeing the fish as well.. I have one in the pond now, but on a timer to go off at 11..

if its a party night, then it will stay on longer.. Just was curious if it was bad for the fish..

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Maybe this is a silly response, but, fish don't have eyelids to shut out light, so my guess is they won't get much quality rest with lights on all night. Imagine trying to sleep with your eyes wide open.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
i sleep with the tv on all night.....do fish sleep durring the day ?

Ask a Question