pond plants

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
i think i mentioned this before but all my plants are turning yellow and are just not growing they go kind of mushy
im in the middle of trying to build a better filter ... is there anything i can do in the mean time, like add something to the water perhaps ?

Reaction score
You did not mention if the plants are potted or floating? Sounds like your plants could use some fertilizer. Fertilizer tabs or spikes are great for potted plants and can be purchused at watergraden shops or online. If you want to fertilize your floating plants you can always pull them out and soak them in a bucket of miracle grow solution. Mix it up per the directions and then just soak them in there for a few hours. Be sure to rinse the roots so your not adding nutrients directly into the water. The lack of nutrients in the water ussually nitrates could mean your biological filter is not converting nitrites to nitrates sufficiently. Good luck.

Ask a Question