Pond Waterfall Ideas

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need as the title says pond waterfall ideas. I currently have a 55 gallon silver bucket. I use it for my pond, I've got 24 shiner fish and 2 goldfish at the moment. I farm shiners and my waterfall just recently died (was pretty bad), so I am trying to disassemble it. I don't need a pump as my pump works. I just need the structure of a waterfall.

My budget is under 40$ as I just want a simple waterfall. My goal would be to find a complete kit online of the following:

DWF8_8in_Spillway_2000x2000_rgb_72dpi_in-use.jpg

I have no where to buy the rocks, so I need the kit to either be fake rocks or come with rocks. I would love a nice simple flowing fall like that. Is there any recommendations anyone can send me that's under 40$ for just a very basic kit or something else that could work as a waterfall ready to go?

This is my pond (yes, I am aware of the algae problem, am fixing it right now as my waterfall died):

c02decdc2a.png

So, any suggestions would be great, thanks!

-Pondperson

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
look around streams and where ever .Rocks can be even found along side the road .It just takes some work to find them .You can even ask for free rocks on places like craigs list ..Also if that is galvanized it may be why the fish died .

Reaction score
Country
United States
look around streams and where ever .Rocks can be even found along side the road .It just takes some work to find them .You can even ask for free rocks on places like craigs list ..Also if that is galvanized it may be why the fish died .
Fish didn't die, I just got it up and running to filter temporarily.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh OK I thought maybe something had happened since i saw no fish ,sorry .

Reaction score
Country
United States
oh OK I thought maybe something had happened since i saw no fish ,sorry .
I farm Arkansas Shiners for fishing in my pond, the fish are there to eat mosquitoes. They are silver and go under rocks, but jump at night, it's quite fun actually.

This is my fish type:

arkansas%20river%20shiner%20USFWS.jpg

They are really only active at night and blend in very well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You could try one of those old fashioned hand crank pumps .I know harbor freight sells the .I bought one from them for 20 dollars .Would go nice with the tub you have .I wish i had taken a pic of mine when it was set up .I drilled a hole in a log stump and pulled the rubber hose through it and into the pump and then screwed the pump head down to the log .I lost a lot of my pics when my puter died

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Simple waterfall weirs (spillways) start at $25.00. You are going to be hard pressed to find any basic complete waterfall structure for under $40.00.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You could try one of those old fashioned hand crank pumps .I know harbor freight sells the .I bought one from them for 20 dollars .Would go nice with the tub you have .
I think I've seen them online, can you link me to the one you bought please?

Reaction score
Country
United States
You could try one of those old fashioned hand crank pumps .I know harbor freight sells the .I bought one from them for 20 dollars .Would go nice with the tub you have .I wish i had taken a pic of mine when it was set up .I drilled a hole in a log stump and pulled the rubber hose through it and into the pump and then screwed the pump head down to the log .I lost a lot of my pics when my puter died
This kinda what you were thinking: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUNCTIONAL-...-Press-Suction-Outdoor-Yard-NEW-/401032528546

Ask a Question