Ponds in Canada

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I do work hard out in the yard, and after twenty some years in the same place, the flower beds just get bigger! I mix annuals and perennials together so I can get the most amount of color... I am a flower junkie and I have planted lots of things in the last few years.

I have a small goldfish in the bottom pond that somehow got injured by maybe a falling rock, a large rock did slip off the shelf and he may have been in the way, all I know is he looks a little beat up and it turned to fungus. I am treating the pond with concentrated liquid pond peat, as that is a natural fungicide and this treatment will not disturb the pond balance, as it is actually good for the pond. The fish seems to be getting better and is eating and swimming around lots after the treatment and so I feel better and am confident he will recover.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Interesting Colleen and hope that fish gets well. You sure have a lot of good ideas on caring and feeding for the fish. Your proof is in all the years you have been doing it and it is working and your fish look good and healthy.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks JW!! Have I ever told you, :joyful: You are so kind, sweet, and you say the nicest things!

So Nice to meet another Albertan Rodsboys! Hope to see you lurking about lots too!! :)

Fishy is going to get better I hope, might have to isolate him cause the liquid peat treatment was all sucked up by plants and filter....:hurting:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks JW!! Have I ever told you, :joyful: You are so kind, sweet, and you say the nicest things!

So Nice to meet another Albertan Rodsboys! Hope to see you lurking about lots too!! :)

Fishy is going to get better I hope, might have to isolate him cause the liquid peat treatment was all sucked up by plants and filter....:hurting:

Ha ha you are so nice to say that Colleen. You might feel different when you read about what I said about the pinky birds you bought that made me embarrassed and gave me nightmares when I was a kid :LOL:
Blame it on my mother :cautious:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Little Jemma and her momma come for tea by the pond at least three times a week during the summer. I set up a kiddie pool for her so me and her mom can have our tea and relax. Cathy and I have been having "brown" tea with cream and honey for about thirty years at least now! We used to live next to each other a very small children, and we went to school together, partied together as teenagers, and now that we are getting older, we relax together by my pond.
Little Jemma has her own fairy garden and I got her an identical pool so she could have one at her home to play in for her birthday yesterday. They live in a little humble trailer in a trailer park, I am always bringing some solar lights for them as well, here is little Jemma with her own solar lights at her home.. I got the little red wiggle car for her birthday too. It moves with no peddles, and it can go fast just by wiggling.
IMAG3397.jpg
IMAG3388.jpg
IMAG3381.jpg
IMAG3402.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
IMAG3419.jpg
IMAG3417.jpg
IMAG3411.jpg
IMAG3413.jpg
IMAG3412.jpg
IMAG3409.jpg
IMAG3416.jpg
IMAG3410.jpg
Speaking of trailers, the garden show had a little garden in another trailer park, me and my mom relaxed and for some reason I found this home and garden very relaxing and full of good energy. Some of the homes on the garden show where very expensive but for some reason I liked this little trailer park garden the best! It felt like the 1960's or something, and I loved all their garden junk!

Reaction score
Little Jemma and her momma come for tea by the pond at least three times a week during the summer. I set up a kiddie pool for her so me and her mom can have our tea and relax. Cathy and I have been having "brown" tea with cream and honey for about thirty years at least now! We used to live next to each other a very small children, and we went to school together, partied together as teenagers, and now that we are getting older, we relax together by my pond.
Little Jemma has her own fairy garden and I got her an identical pool so she could have one at her home to play in for her birthday yesterday. They live in a little humble trailer in a trailer park, I am always bringing some solar lights for them as well, here is little Jemma with her own solar lights at her home.. I got the little red wiggle car for her birthday too. It moves with no peddles, and it can go fast just by wiggling. View attachment 73256 View attachment 73257 View attachment 73258 View attachment 73259
It's like her own little Disney Land!!! Wonderful I think you've passed something on.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
What a beautiful evening! I was outside taking pictures tonight as the sun was going down, and the neighbors parked out front and noticed me, and the lady said to me "Oh what beautiful pink flamigos"! Then they said they always love to oook at all my pretty lights! Oh of course we struck up a conversation and I find out that her hubby went to school and knows my hubby he was all happy to discover that an old high school buddy is right next door! They came and sat beside my pond and took a tour of my gardens and loved my big koi and were amazed that I keep them outside for last 22 years successfully! I think the woman is his girlfriend or something. So I said they have to come over on the weekend and have a beer with my hubby, and he was all happy... What a small world we live in!
IMAG3462.jpg
IMAG3471.jpg
IMAG3465.jpg
IMAG3470.jpg
IMAG3458.jpg
IMAG3460.jpg
IMAG3466.jpg

Ask a Question