Ponds in Canada

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes, no ice here, water might be cooler after cold rain and snow yesterday, but no big deal here, my koi and goldfish live quite well all winter long in Ice Cold Water! Snow that fell yesterday will be all melted by afternoon, it melted off the deck this morning. ..

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Alright you are really doing it! So it will be another pond that flows down into the top pond? So all you will need is a liner to flap over and into the old one? Attach it w/ some goop and good to go?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes, the new upper level pond will be half dug down and half above ground, roughly speaking. It will be framed up with landscaping Ties and pound together with 5 inch Ardox. Then after the pond is done, then the frame will be rocked in and glued to landscaping Ties to hide frame. The top level will have a simple "clean" water drop of about two inches, perfect for winter flow as well. Then I will lay big heavy square sidewalk blocks to make little spot for a bistro set with two chairs, right next to upper level pond. This way I can sit in sun and have coffee RIGHT next to fish! Once sitting in the chair, the frame of pond will be right neXT to my arm so that I can rest my arm on the top edge of top pond and dangle my fingers in water while sipping coffee !! How Cool will that BE!! No bending or stretching, you will be right next to upper pond and water will be flowing right next to table!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Colleen. It went down to 17 degrees F here the other night. There still is plenty of ice on my waterfall. It's going up to a balmy 42 degrees today supposedly.

Ask a Question