Ponds in Canada

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Slave will get a start on it Monday cause I am off that one day only. .. Need to get stuff to get started but slave had to work all easter So people could eat! Off work now and going home to relax. Worked to death this weekend!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thank you JW !! Had to run to work early cause they were so behind packing easter hot cross buns and other easter stuff. After work I stopped by and pick up my mother and we had a really good dinner, hubby slaved over hot stove for a change and had lovely dinner and table all set nice for Easter. Then we sat down and looked at some videos of us at pond from last year on big TV and had coffee and wine. So thankfull to have my sweet dear mother to enjoy!! Vegan sister's will someday wish they spent more time with us at family dinners, but they won't come cause we eat meat...

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I will be making it 8×8 feet and about four feet deep. Just out on garden clearing the other old wooden flower bed and burning old wood. Currently barely above freezing and snowing lightly. Should be safe to have fire cause ground and everything still damp from wet snow the other day.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
You can see how much more room there is today. I took out another bigger old wooden flower beds and fire is burning nicely..
ground is muddy now..
20150406_134854.jpg
20150406_134740.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
The last picture you see the three pressure treated posts that I had left over from fence last year. They are posts that are meant to go in the ground but I will use them instead of the cheaper landscaping ties cause they stack better and are much more durable, although they cost twice as much as landscaping ties. The fire was burning good despite the snow.

They will be stacked about five high and locked together and I will pound big spikes into pre drilled holes to lock them together to form the upper box. Pond will be 8 feet square, and bigger and deeper than the other ponds.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Rain off and on, warm 57 this am, pond a warm 58! Heading to 70 ish

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They are saying 70 and 80's the rest of the week but i want rain and they call for it but no rain here .So colleen you will soon be starting ,I hope your digging is better than my digging last year .I hit hard shale and had to chop it with an ax to loosen it .

Ask a Question