sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Clay soil here but there was shale and it was hard packed .I am now thinking how to expand my lotus pond so I don't have to take them inside in the winter .Also have to do a hoop frame to shade half my pond this summer because i really think this is going to be a really hot summer .You need to get help from the digging fairies .;):)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I will take pictures of the progress on Friday when I have day off. Today the only thing that happened was the dreaded house cleaning, laundry, and feeding myself before work. ha ha ha ! Tomorrow I have to take dear old mother to doctors office and then off to work in afternoon. I have so much on the go, that I have to do the pond project on my day off, plus ground is still a little wet and it was chilly this morning, but by Friday it should be nice and warm and the ground should be dry.
Stay turned to Friday!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It was a hurricane all day yesterday, so when I started on digging the dirt was blowing all over the ponds. (that's my excuse} Then worked called and so I went in early and got a few more hours for the pay check. I am off the first week of May, so I can finish everything I want to get done. (I don't know how work is going to make it without me that week!!!) It is hard trying to get it all done, then the garbage man comes Tuesday, so I have to fill that can up good tomorrow with lots of yard waste from the front yard.

Bulbs are coming up in front yard and I need to get that done too, then I need to clean the filters in the pond today before work cause I stirred all the waste up in the bottom pond to free the hornwort and hooked up the skimmer and extra pump for that pond. Then there is the laundry, clean the inside fish tank filters, find some food and shove that quickly in my mouth before I go to work today at 2 pm!

Tomorrow I want to get digging out the hole some more. I started yesterday but the wind was too wicked. I want to go and get the lumber too cause next pay day I want to get the liner and slip that in and have it all done before May 1 cause then I need to get the fence finished.

Oh God I just remembered I have to get the taxes done before the end of April too! Ugg!!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Holy Smokes did work extra hard at work today! We were so busy and we got so behind I could see ahead!! Ha ha ha ha!

Going to not answer the phone tomorrow for any work related crisis!! Going to dig to China !!! Can't wait and getting excited. Just doing a little every day here and there, slowly the yard will start coming together. :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I'm just hoping it does not rain tomorrow! With my luck I will probably will! Dark clouds circling all day but so far no rain to speak of.

Making nice pot of stew. Hubby sleeping now cause he worked for a chain in garden while I was at work, moving his onions. Then he worked on getting the chain saw ready too!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
WeLL work is slowly progressing at a snails pace. Somehow digging gets harder as you age! Ha ha ha.
As you can see I have put little Rio to work employing slave puppy labor digging out pond too!
20150413_175410.jpg

I have also been busy working over front yard as well and got the front yard little pond cleaned out as well.

Ask a Question