sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very seldom our electric goes out here and they trimmed all the trees also .Problem they cut off the whole one side of them and left the other side facing the highway and hope none of those trees fall over on a passing vehicle

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Thought I would add a few pictures I took a week or so ago while I was grooming the lilies. They are so pretty.

Enjoy!

"Colorado"
qn4ifk.jpg

"Perry's Orange Sunset"
2r6kto9.jpg

"Lily Pons"
140kb9y.jpg

"Oriental Gold"
w2bxfm.jpg

"Wanvisa"
52i1wn.jpg

"Rose Star"?
2yjqamp.jpg

x5s313.jpg

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
VanDiesil said:
What an awesome thread!!!! The pond looks fantastic. Given me a few ideas for my own as well now.
Thank you so much! I've gotten ideas from so many others here. It feels good to know somebody could actually get some from me for a change. :claphands:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
glad you kept that view deck now ,.GREAT TO LOOK DOWN ON THEM AND THE FLOWERS PLUS GREAT PLACE TO TAKE PICS FROM .

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
joesandy... i have left koi (1 - 3") in my outdoor pond every year since they began spawning. i left 120 in the pond last winter. withno heater,no aerator, no pump of any kind running. my pond is only 1200 gals, and 28" deep. i have yet to lose a fish to "winter". and being as your just a hop, skip, and jump away. i dont believe you'll have any issues. especially since your pond has a much larger water volume. and is deeper. i have never ran anything in my pond over the winter and have had atleast 40 of that years fry in there. that said... an aerator isnt gonna hurt nothing.

OH... IT'S LOOKING REAL NICE THERE. NICELY DONE!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My pond is not far from my septic tank and I know it gets heat from that so that helps .I never thought about it until guy who put my septic tank in mentioned on it and then I started looking it up on the net .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful lilies! Love that Wanvisa and lily pons!

Your pond looks fantastic! great job

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
sissy said:
glad you kept that view deck now ,.GREAT TO LOOK DOWN ON THEM AND THE FLOWERS PLUS GREAT PLACE TO TAKE PICS FROM .
Yep sissy, I'm glad it's there now too. To think we almost ripped it down.... Thanks!

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
koiguy1969 said:
joesandy... i have left koi (1 - 3") in my outdoor pond every year since they began spawning. i left 120 in the pond last winter. withno heater,no aerator, no pump of any kind running. my pond is only 1200 gals, and 28" deep. i have yet to lose a fish to "winter". and being as your just a hop, skip, and jump away. i dont believe you'll have any issues. especially since your pond has a much larger water volume. and is deeper. i have never ran anything in my pond over the winter and have had atleast 40 of that years fry in there. that said... an aerator isnt gonna hurt nothing.

OH... IT'S LOOKING REAL NICE THERE. NICELY DONE!!!
Thanks, Mark. You changed your avitar. I almost didn't recognize you! :)

Yep, we're pretty close in proximity. I definitely need a leaf net. The maple leaves are already starting to come down a tad. Since this is my first winter, I'm wondering what it will look like in the winter once it freezes. Can you see the fish under the ice, or is the ice too opaque to see through? Probably snow will be covering it anyway. I'm looking forward to the season changes, especially spring, to see which plants decide to come back. Hopefully they all will!

Thanks for the advice!

Sandy

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
addy1 said:
Beautiful lilies! Love that Wanvisa and lily pons!

Your pond looks fantastic! great job
Thanks, addy! Much of it looking nice is due to YOU! :) I still would like to get a nice, white lily. I think then I will have enough lilies.

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
haver79 said:
Beautiful Pond!
Thank you! Hey, I was born and raised in Iowa. What part are you from? I grew up in Littleton (near Independence). Husband is from Waterloo, and he went to UNI to college back in the day (30 years ago!). Small world!

Reaction score
I think this is the best pond in all of them which I see on the forum because you have every thing prefect and like pre-planned. the plants, stones and fishes what a great combination. I see many ponds which have all these thing but they don't look nice like this because they are not well organized like your pond. Thanks for sharing this awesome photos.

Ask a Question