Pump and filter and liner info please

Reaction score
Hello ima newbie to all this really.

I moved into a property and it had a pond in. I put in 4-6 gold fish and its been fine. It's 5ft wide(the widest point) 9 ft long and 3 ft deep.
I have been loosing a lot of water so I emptied it out to find a 2 inch hole in it....the other issue is I didn't realise it didn't have any underlay either :(

I've been told for liner and underlay its going to cost £100 roughly. Don't know if that's expensive.

The other issue is I only had an easyclear in there and it doesn't work very well. If I made it 5ftx9ft and 3ft deep all over what pump and filter would you recommend? I don't want to spend a fortune, just a middle of the road pump and filter box(if that's what I need)
Thanks in advance as I just don't have a clue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 276

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
use carpet padding or old carpet it is free or sand to keep rocks from damaging the liner .Try to pick out surface rocks and gravel

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure what you can get there but you can check pump ratings according to how many gallons your pond holds .A filter you can build yourself much cheaper and better than anything you can buy plus adds sound to your water as a water feature .You tube has lots of filter builds ,plus lots of ideas on here .I built mine and I think it cost less and works better than anything I could buy
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:57794]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:54702]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53600]

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I think you will be able to find a patching kit, and just use the old liner. Or you will have a bigger job trying to replace that liner.

For pump, figure how much water you have and get a pump that has a littre per hour about as close as the pond volume as possible.

Ask a Question