Pumps off at night

Reaction score
thansk fishin, thats fine i would not want to risk it either just not worth it, i have a couple ditches near the house full of frogs so i may go get some later on when they start breeding, and i agree with j.w the climate could be too much for them

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Just treat them like fish, Only get a few at a time, don't overstock, best if you give them a seperate container for a few days to clean there system of anything that May be ingested from where they are collected, make sure they have algae to eat on. They also need sunlight to form limbs correctly so don't keep them in a tank or inside to long.

Reaction score
The noise was not bothering the neighbors but 8000 GPH dropping three feet into the pond 20 feet from our bedroom door is a lot of noise at night,( not considered " noise "during the day ) The bog sounds are most pleasant to sleep with. Jimbo

Reaction score
Love my frog noise, Love my falls noise, birds, crickets, etc. Hate the windows shut and the air on only if really really necessary.
We once collected frogs and tadpoles in hopes of having some...well the fish ate all the tadpoles as we dumped them in the pond...the frogs all dissapeared.
Later that year we had frogs show up....now we have more then our fair share...some I think overwinter in or near the ponds...it is a symphony here at night once it warms up...spring peepers, chous frogs, green frogs, leopard frogs, little green tree frogs/toads..can't wait to hear that noise again this year.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We get maryland green frogs, from what I have read they like to have a pond to themselves, no fish. Last year we had 4 of them one in the big pond, one in each smaller pond, none in the smallest ponds. They have a real deep croak. Tons of tree frogs out in the woods, can hear them without any problem.

Ask a Question