Rain collapsed my wall

Reaction score
I haven't bought the liner yet but to get my slope back I would have to make it much bigger. I also thought of building it out with sand bags and leave a hump at the bottom of the pond. Any thoughts?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You could use sand bags, stack small ones, to keep the hump size down.
To some much bigger is better lol. ummm bigger ponds that is

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You could use sand bags, stack small ones, to keep the hump size down.
To some much bigger is better lol. ummm bigger ponds that is

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If you can get the pond edge up so rain water will never flood the pond it should stay in place Like a small berm around it

If your pond is ground level and you get heavy rain once the rainwater covers your pond
Chances are your liner will float up and the walls will come down

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If you can get the pond edge up so rain water will never flood the pond it should stay in place Like a small berm around it

If your pond is ground level and you get heavy rain once the rainwater covers your pond

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrCase said:

Didn't think of that, all of mine have been built on slopes, this pond have the worse slope.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrCase said:

Didn't think of that, all of mine have been built on slopes, this pond have the worse slope.

Reaction score
One corner is lower than I thought. I didn't think any water would run into it. I don't think it will be a big deal to raise that corner and divert it away. It drops off from the opposite corner so rain water wont be able to pool up and flood the pond once it's built. Other suggestions are always appreciated.
Thanks.

Reaction score
One corner is lower than I thought. I didn't think any water would run into it. I don't think it will be a big deal to raise that corner and divert it away. It drops off from the opposite corner so rain water wont be able to pool up and flood the pond once it's built. Other suggestions are always appreciated.
Thanks.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am putting overflow pipes with mine, so any extra water goes out of the pond to a gravel / rock area. Our lower pond edge is a dirt berm, so we can't afford a wash out.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am putting overflow pipes with mine, so any extra water goes out of the pond to a gravel / rock area. Our lower pond edge is a dirt berm, so we can't afford a wash out.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
On my low pond i have a over flow as long as a brick that is 1/2" lower than the rest of my pond rim..It spill into a dry creek that is 6" lower than my pond and it takes the rain water away
We just went 70 days with no rain ..yesterday and last night we got 5"
Its a free water change cold water comes in and sinks the old hot water rises and spills out

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
On my low pond i have a over flow as long as a brick that is 1/2" lower than the rest of my pond rim..It spill into a dry creek that is 6" lower than my pond and it takes the rain water away
Its a free water change cold water comes in and sinks the old hot water rises and spills out

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrCase said:

That is what we intend to do, we are going to have the rain gutters piped into the pond, with the ability to divert if we need to. but with a good overflow it won't matter if it rains a lot. Our overflow area will be 3 feet lower than the edge of the pond. Got to love slopes!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrCase said:

That is what we intend to do, we are going to have the rain gutters piped into the pond, with the ability to divert if we need to. but with a good overflow it won't matter if it rains a lot. Our overflow area will be 3 feet lower than the edge of the pond. Got to love slopes!

Ask a Question