Raised rigid liner pond

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shakey, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Shakey

dieselplower

Does anyone else appreciate a person with Parkinson's naming themself Shakey? Pretty funny if you ask me!

dieselplower, Oct 29, 2014
    Shakey, addy1 and TAHOE like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Shakey

Shakey

I will figure out how and once I start I'll post some pictures, I'm not flash on computers but I get there eventually h

Shakey, Oct 29, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Shakey

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Funny yep and to me a person that has the strength to accept what life has thrown at them and go forward.

addy1, Oct 29, 2014
    HARO and Shakey like this.
  4. Shakey

Shakey

I look at my Parkinson's in this way. There will always be someone out there worse of than me ,I still have two arms, two legs and my eye sight .so yes I know that one day it will get the better of me but I'll fight it for every inch that it gets, I've had it for close to 15 years and it still mostly in my left side. You just have to keep on keeping on ,I get a lot of pain in my back due to stiffness and have had to lure to work with it I won't stop driving trucks until I think it is doing more damage than good to me ore until I think it is dangerous to other drivers on the road.projects like my ponds are what help to keep going as although it takes a lot longer to do than it used to ( and that's frustrating )I still get there in the end and that's a win to me and a loss to Parkinson's . So yep I have a loving supporting wife and some great mates he don't cut me to much slack they just give me heaps and that's the way I deal with it . I'd have to say its easy to water the garden , I just hold the hose in my left hand and it gets great coverage.

Shakey, Oct 29, 2014
    MitchM, j.w, HARO and 2 others like this.
  5. Shakey

tbendl T

You have an awesome outlook Shakey!

tbendl, Oct 29, 2014
    MitchM and Shakey like this.
  6. Shakey

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

DITTO!

addy1, Oct 29, 2014
    Shakey likes this.
  7. Shakey

HARO Pondcrastinator

Good on yer, mate! (y)
    John

HARO, Oct 29, 2014
    Shakey likes this.
  8. Shakey

j.w I Love my Goldies

[​IMG] Shakey

j.w, Oct 29, 2014
    Shakey likes this.
  9. Shakey

TAHOE

Great positive outlook.
    "Easy to water the garden, get great coverage" .... now that's funny!!!!

I had a friend who dealt with Parkinsons for years. He kept busy and his life surrounded around his wife and fishing. He past away about 6 weeks ago at 78yrs old..... had a heart attack while fishing. Can't beat going while doing what you enjoy.
    I am a big fan of Michael J Fox and his outlook.

TAHOE, Oct 30, 2014
    MitchM, addy1 and HARO like this.
  10. Shakey

Dave 54

Disabilities effect people in different ways some have a positive outlook on life like Shakey , Val with her Facioscapularhumeral MD or myself with a bust up body tend look at life in a positive way.
    That doesnt mean we dont have down days as we all do but then we pick ourselves up again smile and get on with it best we can .
    Our friends are a bit like Shakeys the true ones who've stuck with you through thick and thin :cool:, its down to a team of really special people that we are still able to show our koi and who all help out from time to time with the running of the pond

Dave

Dave 54, Oct 30, 2014
    MitchM and HARO like this.
  11. Shakey

Shakey

You are correct Dave when you say on a good day it is good and on a bad day it is hard as some times you just want to give up but to give means I loose . And I went let any disease or disability win that easy. At times it puts a huge strain on our partners and our relation ships but some of are lucky to have the partners we do .the pond is my way of seeing me win as I no exactly how hard this is going to be for me . Once I would have built this project in next to no time ,know it will take all of my time to work away at it bit by bit but I won't to be able to one day sit down with a cupa and look at my ponds, plants and fish and no that I made this happen when so many others would have put it into the to hard basket.So you make sure you take pride in your Koi and keep showing them as long as you can,

Shakey, Oct 30, 2014
    Dave 54 and HARO like this.
  12. Shakey

HARO Pondcrastinator

Whereabouts on South Island, Shakey, if you don't mind me asking? We have extended family in Reefton and Wanaka. (Daughter married a Kiwi.) Beautiful country!
    John

HARO, Oct 30, 2014
    Shakey likes this.
  13. Shakey

Shakey

Hi we're in Christchurch,or should I say what's left of it as were four years on from our two major earthquakes and were still demolition houses and buildings some for rebuilds and the rest have been brought by the government as the land has been deemed unusable to rebuild on,

Shakey, Oct 30, 2014
  14. Shakey

Dave 54

So true Shakey I've fought my body all the damn way so far undertaking everything the medics could offer me in my fight against pain and then some more .
    I've gained the respect of many doctors and nurses in my fight y partner Val and I are so inter-dependant on each other nowadays we tend to compliment each other and know when one is unwell and how to cope with it .
    Once the cosmetic side of the pond is complete is when weve won ourselves and can relax all that more.
    Being founding fathers to the Plymouth and district koi keepers society we are very proud of seeing the club grow from 7 individuals to 50 families and our nomination to the koi magazines koi hall of fame back in 2009 our greatest moment so far .

Dave

Dave 54, Oct 31, 2014
    Shakey likes this.
  15. Shakey

tbendl T

So let me get this straight Shakey lives on shakey ground?? LOL Well I hope you guys are safe!

tbendl, Oct 31, 2014
    Dave 54, Shakey and HARO like this.
  16. Shakey

Shakey

Yep that's about the size of it lately but I never a really thought of it that way , From the 17/10/2014 to 31/10/2014 we have had 18 small shakes all at magnitude 2 to 2.6 in our area but we are now at the stage were we do not really notice them. The two big shakes 4 years ago that did the damage to our city Christchurch were magnitude 6 and 7 so we don't really notice the wee ones as I say to people welcome to my world as I shake every day with or without an earthquake. But I never thought about Shakey living on Shakey ground but I like it!

Shakey, Oct 31, 2014
    Dave 54, HARO and tbendl like this.
  17. Shakey

HARO Pondcrastinator

Daughter and family lived in Rangiora, not far from CHCH, but moved to the Reefton area just before the big quakes. Son-in-law was a fireman, his unit went back to help in the clean-up in CHCH. I cried when I saw some of his pictures! The beautiful cathedral totally in ruins! We had been there in 2003, I think it was.
    John

HARO, Oct 31, 2014
    Dave 54 and Shakey like this.
  18. Shakey

Dave 54

I may have the spelling wrong here Shakey where is Piacackiriki North or South NewZealand , the reason I ask is one of my childhood friends moved to there from the UK many years ago now , we lost contact years ago but I still wonder how she and her Family got on ?

Dave

Dave 54, Nov 2, 2014
  19. Shakey

Shakey

Hi DAVE,
    Don't be to worried about the spelling as some of them still get me . But Paekakariki is on the bottom North Eastern side of the North island of NZ about 45 minutes from Wellington and about 4 hours drive and a 3 hour ferry crossing from Christchurch, you have to travel the 4 hours by car to Picton then a 3 hour ferry crossing from the South Island to the North Island to Wellington then another 45 minute drive north up the East Coast to Paekakariki. Hope this helps.
    Cheers

Shakey, Nov 2, 2014
  20. Shakey

Shakey

If you no there last name you can probably find there address in NZ via the internet and th phone book for that area

Shakey, Nov 2, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question