Raised rigid liner pond

Reaction score
Shakey if I could make a suggestion... Do not put rocks into the bottom of the pond. I made the huge mistake of putting river rocks in mine. The large nooks and crannies collected a lot of debris and really fouled up the pond. Cleaning will be much easier for you if you leave the bottom bare.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had rocks in one pond, yanked them out, never saw them once the muck settled. I know some have rocks and keep them clean, I don't want to put that much work into my pond.

Reaction score
Shakey if I could make a suggestion... Do not put rocks into the bottom of the pond. I made the huge mistake of putting river rocks in mine. The large nooks and crannies collected a lot of debris and really fouled up the pond. Cleaning will be much easier for you if you leave the bottom bare.

I agree, I made that mistake also. I used small rock in the bottom, it create more of a bioligical nightmare than helped as it traps debris, wastes, etc and is hard to clean.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Shakey I'm not a construction expert [but wish I was, LOL!], but sounds like you're on the right track! I saw a demo not long ago where a guy made a frame, placed the liner in, then poured concrete in so it surrounded the liner [he may have done it upside down -- not recalling all the steps]. Turns out, it was a very small pond.....and was very heavy, as you can imagine. A cool idea, but not very practical due to the weight. But that pond wasn't going anywhere!

Did you ever tell us the size of your ponds?

Reaction score
I will figure out how and once I start I'll post some pictures, I'm not flash on computers but I get there eventually h

Reaction score
Funny yep and to me a person that has the strength to accept what life has thrown at them and go forward.
I look at my Parkinson's in this way. There will always be someone out there worse of than me ,I still have two arms, two legs and my eye sight .so yes I know that one day it will get the better of me but I'll fight it for every inch that it gets, I've had it for close to 15 years and it still mostly in my left side. You just have to keep on keeping on ,I get a lot of pain in my back due to stiffness and have had to lure to work with it I won't stop driving trucks until I think it is doing more damage than good to me ore until I think it is dangerous to other drivers on the road.projects like my ponds are what help to keep going as although it takes a lot longer to do than it used to ( and that's frustrating )I still get there in the end and that's a win to me and a loss to Parkinson's . So yep I have a loving supporting wife and some great mates he don't cut me to much slack they just give me heaps and that's the way I deal with it . I'd have to say its easy to water the garden , I just hold the hose in my left hand and it gets great coverage.

Reaction score
Great positive outlook.
"Easy to water the garden, get great coverage" .... now that's funny!!!!

I had a friend who dealt with Parkinsons for years. He kept busy and his life surrounded around his wife and fishing. He past away about 6 weeks ago at 78yrs old..... had a heart attack while fishing. Can't beat going while doing what you enjoy.
I am a big fan of Michael J Fox and his outlook.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Disabilities effect people in different ways some have a positive outlook on life like Shakey , Val with her Facioscapularhumeral MD or myself with a bust up body tend look at life in a positive way.
That doesnt mean we dont have down days as we all do but then we pick ourselves up again smile and get on with it best we can .
Our friends are a bit like Shakeys the true ones who've stuck with you through thick and thin :cool:, its down to a team of really special people that we are still able to show our koi and who all help out from time to time with the running of the pond

Dave

Ask a Question