Raised rigid liner pond

Reaction score
You are correct Dave when you say on a good day it is good and on a bad day it is hard as some times you just want to give up but to give means I loose . And I went let any disease or disability win that easy. At times it puts a huge strain on our partners and our relation ships but some of are lucky to have the partners we do .the pond is my way of seeing me win as I no exactly how hard this is going to be for me . Once I would have built this project in next to no time ,know it will take all of my time to work away at it bit by bit but I won't to be able to one day sit down with a cupa and look at my ponds, plants and fish and no that I made this happen when so many others would have put it into the to hard basket.So you make sure you take pride in your Koi and keep showing them as long as you can,

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Whereabouts on South Island, Shakey, if you don't mind me asking? We have extended family in Reefton and Wanaka. (Daughter married a Kiwi.) Beautiful country!
John

Reaction score
Hi we're in Christchurch,or should I say what's left of it as were four years on from our two major earthquakes and were still demolition houses and buildings some for rebuilds and the rest have been brought by the government as the land has been deemed unusable to rebuild on,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You are correct Dave when you say on a good day it is good and on a bad day it is hard as some times you just want to give up but to give means I loose . And I went let any disease or disability win that easy. At times it puts a huge strain on our partners and our relation ships but some of are lucky to have the partners we do .the pond is my way of seeing me win as I no exactly how hard this is going to be for me . Once I would have built this project in next to no time ,know it will take all of my time to work away at it bit by bit but I won't to be able to one day sit down with a cupa and look at my ponds, plants and fish and no that I made this happen when so many others would have put it into the to hard basket.So you make sure you take pride in your Koi and keep showing them as long as you can,
So true Shakey I've fought my body all the damn way so far undertaking everything the medics could offer me in my fight against pain and then some more .
I've gained the respect of many doctors and nurses in my fight y partner Val and I are so inter-dependant on each other nowadays we tend to compliment each other and know when one is unwell and how to cope with it .
Once the cosmetic side of the pond is complete is when weve won ourselves and can relax all that more.
Being founding fathers to the Plymouth and district koi keepers society we are very proud of seeing the club grow from 7 individuals to 50 families and our nomination to the koi magazines koi hall of fame back in 2009 our greatest moment so far .

Dave

Reaction score
Yep that's about the size of it lately but I never a really thought of it that way , From the 17/10/2014 to 31/10/2014 we have had 18 small shakes all at magnitude 2 to 2.6 in our area but we are now at the stage were we do not really notice them. The two big shakes 4 years ago that did the damage to our city Christchurch were magnitude 6 and 7 so we don't really notice the wee ones as I say to people welcome to my world as I shake every day with or without an earthquake. But I never thought about Shakey living on Shakey ground but I like it!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Daughter and family lived in Rangiora, not far from CHCH, but moved to the Reefton area just before the big quakes. Son-in-law was a fireman, his unit went back to help in the clean-up in CHCH. I cried when I saw some of his pictures! The beautiful cathedral totally in ruins! We had been there in 2003, I think it was.
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I may have the spelling wrong here Shakey where is Piacackiriki North or South NewZealand , the reason I ask is one of my childhood friends moved to there from the UK many years ago now , we lost contact years ago but I still wonder how she and her Family got on ?

Dave

Reaction score
Hi DAVE,
Don't be to worried about the spelling as some of them still get me . But Paekakariki is on the bottom North Eastern side of the North island of NZ about 45 minutes from Wellington and about 4 hours drive and a 3 hour ferry crossing from Christchurch, you have to travel the 4 hours by car to Picton then a 3 hour ferry crossing from the South Island to the North Island to Wellington then another 45 minute drive north up the East Coast to Paekakariki. Hope this helps.
Cheers

Reaction score
Hi DAVE,
Don't be to worried about the spelling as some of them still get me . But Paekakariki is on the bottom North Eastern side of the North island of NZ about 45 minutes from Wellington and about 4 hours drive and a 3 hour ferry crossing from Christchurch, you have to travel the 4 hours by car to Picton then a 3 hour ferry crossing from the South Island to the North Island to Wellington then another 45 minute drive north up the East Coast to Paekakariki. Hope this helps.
Cheers
If you no there last name you can probably find there address in NZ via the internet and th phone book for that area

Reaction score
Here is some pictures of my ponds ,waterfall and the decking it is going alongside
Hopefully I have figured this out correctly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Since you are "Down Under", you should post your pictures upside-down so that we in the northern hemisphere can see them right-side-up! :D
John
No John dont think I'd like to live there mate all the blood seems to rush to the top of my head trying to look at them standing on my Head :ROFLMAO::LOL::D:):happy:
Shakey ignore us my friend we jest (y)

Dave

Reaction score
Since you are "Down Under", you should post your pictures upside-down so that we in the northern hemisphere can see them right-side-up! :D
John
It's tough for us because were the right way up down here,
Hi DAVE,
Ye mate I'm just impressed that I got some picture up at all,

Ask a Question