addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
On the doc oz show today he is discussing the use of marijuana Will be interesting to see what the "experts" say

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Canna-Leaf-Walking-Down-Road-60-x-60.gif

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Medical Marijuana can lower your blood your blood pressure very quickly!! I seen his for myself as I now keep track of my blood pressure all the time cause sometimes I think I need to cut all the salt out of my diet!!

Right now I am 130 over 81... heart rate 79, and I just had a coffee. Way better than "before"!!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Now I am all relaxed, blood pressure 121 over 80, heart rate 77.... Yesterday hubby was stressing out over some little thing and that caused me much stress and blood pressure had shot up to 220, before medicating myself in the greenhouse, Since hubby got sick last year, when he is stressed I seem to get VERY stressed! Hubby saw my blood pressure and said I was going to die!! so I went out to greenhouse and made lots of green smoke, and it brought my pressure down by 100 points!! Hubby now considering dropping his pharmaceutical medications and going "green"!!!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not much really, one guy for one gal against. Showing brain images, think it was thermal, of older users. So no real clue if due to age or mj use, they would really need to take a very healthy young person, that uses, and over time do brain images, i.e. 40 years lol imho

Mucky_Waters said:
So Addy, what did they have to say?
It was a back and forth good or not good for you type discussion. Is it addictive, or not. The one person says it is, the other says it is not. Depression, inability to sleep, etc when you stop, if you are a heavy/regular user.

this is the anti talkers words, they did not post the for talkers words here is the video
http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/weed-addictive

"
Research shows that individuals who occasionally use marijuana may suffer fewer negative consequences and have a lower risk of becoming addicted in comparison to those who use regularly. Regular use over long periods can cause changes in the brain and behavior similar to other addictive drugs and can lead to addiction. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in smoked marijuana enters the bloodstream and arrives at the brain almost immediately, causing the user to feel euphoric or "high" by activating the brain's reward or pleasure center to release dopamine in the same way that many other drugs do. Research shows that approximately 1 in 11 (9%) people who use marijuana will become dependent on it. The risk increases to 1 in 6 in those who start smoking marijuana as teenagers. Individuals who become addicted to marijuana have difficulty controlling their use, even when marijuana begins to interfere with and cause problems in their lives. Chronic, heavier marijuana users often experience symptoms of cannabis withdrawal such as increased irritability, craving, anxiety and sleep problems that can make it difficult to quit. Withdrawal and continued use despite negative personal, social, legal or medical consequences are hallmarks of addiction and dependence.
The acute effects or "high" from THC generally last 1 to 3 hours and cause impaired attention and decision-making and slowed reaction time, often accompanied by poorer coordination and balance. Studies have shown that marijuana use interferes with learning, information processing, and a person's ability to form new memories. Because of marijuana's negative effects on attention, memory and learning, individuals who smoke marijuana daily may function at a reduced intellectual level some or all of the time. Chronic, heavy, marijuana users also report problems with memory and learning that last much longer than the acute "high," and which may persist for several weeks after cessation."

Reaction score
Very poorly done and biased segment. Your right that that one brain scan was an older person who probably had other problems, possibly a long time alcohol addiction that caused the brain abnormalities.
These programs seem to try and focus on the negative aspects of marijuana without putting it into it's relative place compared to other substances. The issue isn't so much whether it has any addictive qualities or not, because there is no doubt that it does. There are many things that people develop a dependence on, like alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, jelly doughnuts, all of which can be bad for you, some very bad. The point is all these things, and many many more, are already legal, and that's the main issue. If you focus on just those legal substances, and weight them relative to any known beneficial properties, where do they weigh in compared to marijuana???
Once you establish, and I think you will, that marijuana has at least some beneficial health properties, and those other legal substance don't, and in fact most of those other legal substances have some very bad effects on your health, then you have to ask why those other substances are legal and marijuana is not?
The other thing to consider is the negative effects on society of keeping a substance, that is used by so many people, illegal. The cost of policing it, the court cost, and the cost of incarceration, not to mention the social cost to the victims and family who do jail time and must live with a criminal record after being charged.
I didn't see the whole show, but from that clip it didn't seem like Dr. Oz took any of these things into consideration. All he seemed to focus on was if marijuana had ANY negative effects, and if so then it must be bad. If that is your one basis for determining whether a substance should be illegal or not, then they should outlaw jelly doughnuts.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The clip was the whole discussion, I was sort of disappointed, not well done in my opinion.
My late hubby was a user, it really helped his back pain.

I think the damage done to your body is way worse with alcohol, sugar, etc including drugs pushed by docs as must haves, i.e. statins etc.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
callingcolleen1 said:
I suffered no damage from pot, not that I know of, and I am much much healthier than lots of my friends that are my age that did pills for years many are so sick.....

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm have we told you the truth yet Colleen?....................you are goofy! ............. j/k

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Worked really hard tonight, just off work, checked blood pressure and it is 130 over 81, heart rate 80.
Medical stuff works really good people, my reluctant hubby won't try any, but his eyes popped open when he seen how low it went after I had the medical Mary Jane... :)

Ask a Question